emma&vas

Cautions on police clearance???

Hi all

When i filled out my 175 visa (which was about 2 years ago!) I didnt say yes to any convictions because I thought that a caution was different.

I have now asked my agent and she has said that they might show up and if they do we just send an apology with the police checks. She doesnt seem too bothered about it.

Has this happened to anyone else? Do cautions normally show up?

Thanks for any advice

Emma:policeman:

Hi Emma,

My police clearance came through fine, and I had a caution for some drunken tomfoolery about 10 years ago...

As far as I understand, a police clearance only shows actual prosecutions, so you should be fine.

Guest The Dimmocks

My hubbys showed up, we didnt declare them as like you it says conviction and there was no conviction so we ticked no. Case Officer just asked us to send in details of what happened etc and all was okay.

Michelle

Guest Jadeyk

The something happened to my brother. Problem was that he got a caution when he was 16 for having a BB gun and it showed up as a caution for the possession of an imitation fire arms!!!! Looked so bad but he just explained that he was young and messing around in a field near us pointing it at tin cans and he was sorry and realises how silly it was etc etc etc they were happy xxx

Cautions, warnings and convictions will show up, even if over 10 years. Just make sure you declare it and give an explanation of the events.

Thanks all for your replies, they have set my mind at ease a bit knowing that other people have been through this.

Emma