Sallyh

Contents only insurance

Hi

Wondering who has this, whether anyone's chosen not to bother, and if you do have it, how you found the most competitive quote.

I just did a quick quote out of interest on AAMI but the policy as it stands doesn't really fit our circumstances - I'm not sure for example whether my sewing machine, or DH's musical instruments etc would be properly covered. So I will likely have to make a phone call to whomever we take our insurance from but I am just wondering how you've found the most competitive quotes, whether there are any good offers (ie Gvt employees, or RAA members, or that sort of thing) that we should know about and investigate.

Thanks!!!

Hi

Wondering who has this, whether anyone's chosen not to bother, and if you do have it, how you found the most competitive quote.

I just did a quick quote out of interest on AAMI but the policy as it stands doesn't really fit our circumstances - I'm not sure for example whether my sewing machine, or DH's musical instruments etc would be properly covered. So I will likely have to make a phone call to whomever we take our insurance from but I am just wondering how you've found the most competitive quotes, whether there are any good offers (ie Gvt employees, or RAA members, or that sort of thing) that we should know about and investigate.

Thanks!!!

We use Allianz....they got us a great deal with lotsa of cover...they were that good we have buildings insurance with them too.

HG

With most of these quotes, you can get proper cover for specific items that are worth more than the blurb in the book, but they have to be listed with their replacement value. Not sure if you can do this through the online doodah.

We're with AAMI, and my digital piano, imac, and something else... ah yes, DVD collection are listed specifically, since they didn't fit under the normal categories/prices. This was organised over the phone, since my partner already had a policy with them, we just needed to add my stuff to it when I moved over here.

I used Mutual Community and went into the shop/store thing. They were the most competitive at the time for the cover i needed and give 10% discount for setting up Direct Debit. If you have medical cover with them the discount is more.

Thanks, yes, the online "doodahs" don't seem to cover our very specific requirements. If we are going to bother, then we also have lots of musical instruments, a Fender bass amp DH reckons is a collector's item (I just think it's a big thing that gets in the way), expensive sewing machine, blah blah!! We need to sit down and write a specific list. Our QBE man (looks after "The Family" here!!!) who does our car insurance can apparently help and needs the above info. Once I've done that and got it off to him I will ring a few of the other names, so thanks for mentioning those ones here.