Another SS question

Guest helene73

Guest helene73

I am a bit confused my visa agent sent me a SS form to fill in she told me to research my answers and include web links to sites and put them in my answers, however it has been sent to their SS "expert" in oz to compile from my answers and none of my research has been put in it! It's pretty basic what has been filled in on line the SS expert says I can amend it but visa agent says the SS expert will have done "what is required" but like I said it is so basic and only gives a basic answer in a few sentences. My question is Would you guys amend it and go in to a lot more detail with it? And what did you do? :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guest Adelaide_bound

I'm really sorry I can't help at all with your SS query - we aren't quite at that stage just yet ourselves - but (and sorry this is a stupid question), what is the animal in your avatar?

Arguement between myself and Partner :P

Many thanks, hope someone who knows such things can help with SS question :)

Guest leeannekays

Hi, We are using a agent. I had to do most the answers myself, the agent guided me on what SS are looking for and I had to expand on some of my answers and go in more detail and they proof read it.

Perhaps just explain in a bit more detail what this form was you were filling in and what question this was then people can advise whether it is sufficient detail or not.

It is a while since I applied for SS but remember questions about why you want to move to South Australia and questions about the research you had done regarding employment opportunities. Is it these types of questions or something else?

Guest mimasawrus

Hi,

WE did our visa ourselves back in 2008 and got our 475 in March 09 and have lived here in Adelaide since October 09. We did the sponsorship form by ourselves and just put in loads of information about all the research we had done and attached any details we had. We wrote quite a lot of stuff as far as I can remember and we got sponsored. So although the agents expert probably knows their stuff we just put what we thought at the time and we were not rejected. This was in 2008 though so I dont know if the form or questions have changed. Good luck hope it works out.We love it here

L x:biglaugh:

Guest littlem

Hi I think SA want to feel why SA is right for you, so if you are not comfortable with the wording I would get it changed. Even if they are an expert it needs to read like its real and from you. SA are very tight on the rules, I am not trying to scare you but SA have rejected applications before when it looks like the info is just copy and paste. At the end of the day you have done the research so you are the best person to decide if whats written sounds like it comes from the heart. So if it dosent feel right I would get it changed.

I hope that helps but it is only my opinion, good luck and come and join us on the SA ss thread when you have lodged.

Michelle x

Guest helene73

Thanks guys, I aren't happy with it so gonna change it tonight :)

It's quite annoying when I did all that work and they reduce it to a few sentences that look like I haven't put the work in, even my work history was brief and wrong!!!

Thanks again guys and I look forward to joining the thread x

Definately rework it - they want details and specifics they dont want a vague oh you know sort of type of approach. Read somewhere about someone whose agent told them oh they are not really fussed about this and their application got rejected and they had to rework it so that they included heaps more detail. When I did mine the agent told me to go into even more detail than I had originally gone into and it was pretty specific. So rather rewrite and insist that they include what you wrote. It has to relate to you and your family rather than a generic - so if you have young kids relate how South Australia is good for young families and if you have older teenagers go on about the universities and opportunities for them when they finish school. Include job related info as well, info on areas that you are considering in fact anything that shows you really have looked into South Australia and have specifically chosen it. That way it isnt a one size fits all but is focused on you. The person may have had applications slip through before with just a vague statement but dont risk it rather put too much in than leave them guessing.

Guest helene73

Will do thank you so much, my original was very detailed. At least if I change it I will know I have done all I can :) x

I am a bit confused my visa agent sent me a SS form to fill in she told me to research my answers and include web links to sites and put them in my answers, however it has been sent to their SS "expert" in oz to compile from my answers and none of my research has been put in it! It's pretty basic what has been filled in on line the SS expert says I can amend it but visa agent says the SS expert will have done "what is required" but like I said it is so basic and only gives a basic answer in a few sentences. My question is Would you guys amend it and go in to a lot more detail with it? And what did you do? :)

We are just at that stage, too. I sent our info off to our agent to check through and she has simply cut and pasted it onto the form. I can forward you a copy if it helps - will be this evening though...

Rachael x

Guest helene73
We are just at that stage, too. I sent our info off to our agent to check through and she has simply cut and pasted it onto the form. I can forward you a copy if it helps - will be this evening though...

Rachael x

I have PM you :) x

Guest petal

Hi Helen 73,

I FELT THE SAME WAY AS YOU I WAS TYPING FOR AGES WITH ALL MY RESERCH IT WAS REALLY BLDY LONG BY THE TIME I HAD FINISHED. MY agent did the same with me and when i actually looked on line in what had been done 200 words aint much is it, looked like she had picked out the best words and put it all together, seemed ok though it best be as i wrote heaps as long as it gets us there i will be over the moon ...

But its your choice helen if you are not happy you change it to how you would like someone to read your own words, as already stated they just dont want an application cut and pasted..

How is tra application coming on keep smiling it will soon be here..

keep in touch

susan !!!

ps which agency are you with ???

Guest helene73
Hi Helen 73,

I FELT THE SAME WAY AS YOU I WAS TYPING FOR AGES WITH ALL MY RESERCH IT WAS REALLY BLDY LONG BY THE TIME I HAD FINISHED. MY agent did the same with me and when i actually looked on line in what had been done 200 words aint much is it, looked like she had picked out the best words and put it all together, seemed ok though it best be as i wrote heaps as long as it gets us there i will be over the moon ...

But its your choice helen if you are not happy you change it to how you would like someone to read your own words, as already stated they just dont want an application cut and pasted..

How is tra application coming on keep smiling it will soon be here..

keep in touch

susan !!!

ps which agency are you with ???

Hi Susan :) I am going to show I have researched by referencing web links I think if I don't and get rejected I will kick myself!! I have had to go over work history as that was wrong too, hopefully will hear about TRA this week or next at the latest judging by others time lines, I am with go Matilda :) how are you getting on? :) x

Guest petal
Hi Susan :) I am going to show I have researched by referencing web links I think if I don't and get rejected I will kick myself!! I have had to go over work history as that was wrong too, hopefully will hear about TRA this week or next at the latest judging by others time lines, I am with go Matilda :) how are you getting on? :) x

Hi HELEN,

im ok yes i put on web links etc deans work history was ok he has nearly done 22 years plus in the army so his work history was alright, when you look at the form there really isnt that much room to write anything really is there.

I guess we have to hope for the best that is why we are paying for there knowledge and they should hopefully get us through,

At the moment ss has been sent and im hoping lady in australia will be submitting the rest of our docs soonest, only emailed her today as the application wont be looked at without rest of docs.. ...

Im now in the process of getting visa docs ready and paying first stage of that , its just money money ah lol,. We chose a migration expert as we didnt have that much time as dean finishes army nxt march and if all gose well we can go asap if visa hopefully comes back before then. We did it if anything went wrong they would be able to help, but this site is a godsend isnt it ..

hear from you soon

susan x :D

ps guess what were with go matilda !!!!