Hello!

Guest jamesholmes_@hotmail.com

Hello we are new too.

We are Emma (27) and James (27) and are moving out to adelaide at the end of January, our Visas have been granted and we are just waiting for our Passports back with them all stamped etc, before we book our flights but are looking at the 28th January at the min.

Not sure where to fly to/from or who with or even if we want to stop any where or fly straight through any body have any recommendations?

Thanks

Emma and James

Guest louiesmum

Hi

Welcome to the site. We got out visas back a couple of days ago too. We however have still got to sell our house so cant go till thats sorted but I have to say we are thinking of stopping off at either Singapore or Hong Kong as I haven't been to either places & it would be a good oppertunity. When we went to Oz a couple of years ago we did it straight & with a 1 & 4 yr old! was we mad, no I have to say they were gr8 we did choose night flight so they slept! & it was ok. Good luck with yr plans

Hello we are new too.

We are Emma (27) and James (27) and are moving out to adelaide at the end of January, our Visas have been granted and we are just waiting for our Passports back with them all stamped etc, before we book our flights but are looking at the 28th January at the min.

Not sure where to fly to/from or who with or even if we want to stop any where or fly straight through any body have any recommendations?

Thanks

Emma and James

Welcome to you both, congratulations on the visas and i bet your looking forward to going now.

I can recommnd going Via Singapore, superb airport when we did short stop over and from what others have said a brilliant place to visit if a longer stop over is possible. I know thats one we are thinking about when we finally take flight when visa come through!!

Guest sarahsmartiepants
Hello we are new too.

Thanks

Emma and James

Welcome to the site, good luck with your move. I flew Malaysia and they were good, hubby flew Singapore and said they were good too. My mum flew out on her own last year( amazing feat, she is 71) with Singapore, she has flown with many airlines and said Singapore is the best she has ever flown with!. Watch out the prices, I was pricing them up for her this Jan and the cost was coming in at £1,200, she has booed in feb for £750 instead! You need to book in advance now for the cheaper fares, the airlines let them go in bands, put the search in on Singaporeairlines.com, you will see what I mean,

sarah

hello and welcome :wubclub:

congrats on your visa you must be so excited!

we too haven't even sold our house just yet and we hope to move around june!

i think we'll stay at least a night in singapore to break the big journey up a bit -

if we arrive a day later that shouldn't make a big difference :D

Guest dglamoore

Hi and welcome :cute:

We flew over with Singapore airlines who were fantastic. We had a four day stopover in Singapore which was great for a bit of relaxation after all that stress :v_SPIN:

Enjoy your last few weeks - they will fly by!!

Lisa:D

Thanks to you all for replying.

I never really fancied Singapore but looks like everyone who has ventured that way has ejoyed it enough to make me reconsider wanting to fly straight through.

I know what you mean about the flights though Sarah, we were wanting to go on the 26th Jan but can you believe that just those two days was costing nearly £300.00 more its just madness!

We are sooooo excited about our Visas coming in. We sold our house last month because we couldn't face having our Visas and not been able to go becuase of our house but now it is just waiting for the right time. We would go now if we could, but we have arranged to out for Christmas dinner with th families instead of having to decide who to spend it with and our parents are throwingus a leaving party on the 19th January so we are stuck till after then.

Anyway i am sure that you are right and it will fly past especially when we both finish work in December and can then just chill out and say our goodbuys gradually.

We think this site is going to be a massive help with the whole experiance from here in out.

Thanks again to you all, i am sure we will speak again soon.

Emma and James

(Emma more than James really)

Guest Libby1971

Congratulations on getting your visas...

We also flew Singapore Airlines as they gave double the baggage allowance as long as you showed the visa. They were really great.

We booked a room at the Singapore Aitport hotel for a few hours so we could wash and have somehwere to relax rahter than sit there wandering around which was an absolute delight. I slept for 4 hours and then had a lovely shower before the final stretch of flight.

We chose to get here as quick as we could, leaving UK Weds night and getting here Fri am. For me, I just wanted to get here without packing and unpacking again. I couldn't face it again.

Good luck

Libby

Guest salisbury massive

another thing to remember when booking with singapore is look for the difference in prices if you have a 12 hour stopover at the airport. We just did that in October and saved $1100 by having a long stopover. you can book into the transit hotel and have a kip or go to the hotel in Terminal 1 and use the pool. you can also do a tour of the city.

Jo

Can thoroughly recommend Singapore Airlines, we have been using them every year for the past ten. Register for their frequent flyer Kriscard programme. We've done trips with & without children. Singapore air port is good, Singapore itself is better

welcome to this site

i would recommemnd going via singapore airport,this has to be the best airport ive been in it has got two massive koi carp fish ponds in the middle that you can just sit around or walk over the bridge or even feed them also there is lots of shops to walk around to kill time if they are still there still look for the foot massage machines which are so nice after a 12 hour flight :wacko:(if you go in eco seat) i will be flying first class and before you think flash arse i will have two young children with me :o beside all this have a good flight it flys by if you are going at night

alex