simon@sarah

Validating Visa

Hi everyone, its really good to read how many visa's are being issued on here, gives us that are still waiting hope!

Just wondered when the time comes to validate your visa, does everyone included on the visa have to or just the main visa applicant, and when your visa is granted how long are you given to validate it.

Just stressing about selling the house here in the UK, cant go until we have and for all 5 of us to fly out is expensive if its just for validation purposes.

Thanks guys

Sarah :)

Hi

As far as I know its everyone that is included in the visa that has to go and validate :D

You will have 12 months from the date of your police checks/meds (which ever came first) to go.

Guest eager6

Yeh its a real pain!!We have 6 in our gang,no chance at moment for selling house.So looks like an expensive trip out to validate and then you have 5 years to move out.(but who wants to wait 5 years)Cannot understand why we all have to validate in 12months.Good luck with move.

I have just been granted my 176 and it states I must validate it by November this year. Not sure why so soon, I applied last November and had medicals and police check in March.

Hi

Wow,6 of you...i stress at the thought of 5 of us settling! have you got your visa yet? really want to be able to book 5 one way tickets and be done with it!! fingers crossed we both sell asap!

Sarah

Guest eager6

Hi Sarah

Haven't booked flights yet,have to be validated by 18Feb,have house on market.If it does not sell by June we are looking at going out in August and then come back and wait to see what happens.Everything seems to be against us to move rate of exchange and sale of house!!Everyone seems to be in the same boat.Hope its not called the Titanic LOL!!!

Hi Sarah

Haven't booked flights yet,have to be validated by 18Feb,have house on market.If it does not sell by June we are looking at going out in August and then come back and wait to see what happens.Everything seems to be against us to move rate of exchange and sale of house!!Everyone seems to be in the same boat.Hope its not called the Titanic LOL!!!

LOL, hope not for all our sakes!! you have bit of leeway then, but it is a very frustrating situation, and like you say the rate of exchange is pants at the mo. we went out to Oz in 2007 it was just over 2 dollars 2 the pound, it has dropped soo much since then. we had an offer on our house today, so fingers crossed that is sorted, just got to get visa now!! we would like to be out there by October if all goes according to plan, but think because we started this in 2009 we still cant quite believe its happening.

keep us informed and fingers crossed for you on sale.

Sarah