How long do refered medicals take to process ?

minty

Do you have a phone number i could ring about medicals. Agent has said just to wait but i am getting really cheesed off now. Co has said that he is just waiting for medical clearance to grant visa.

HOCs phone number is - 0061 28 666 5777 from the UK.

Let me know if you get any luck.

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest WAITINGAME
hey everyone,

our meds were referred on 11 april. Does anyone have any idea what date they are up to now??

thx!!

Its apparantly the 31st March but people have been waiting before that ....and people getting granted after this date....So god knows i think its a matter of checking every day ! NIGHTMARE ! :arghh:

OK, dont quote me on this but here is how i belive the HOC system works -

Not all referrals get procecced in date received order, some get processed before others is they are divided into different visa classes and sub classes with reference to ocupations in demand trades/occupations ect between the HOC docs.

Im on a 176 as an electrician and my visa was lodged Jan 2010.

Janice i belive is also on a 176 electrican.

Lindsey i belive is on a 175 Joiner.

All trades and they all seem to be taking longer with referrals but are being processed with other trades in order of referrals :o

Diferent classes of visa say temps and also different occupations say nurses seem to get processed quicker as they are probably in a different pile.

When i phoned up HOC (twice) as soon as i gave them my name and the date of my referral they told me my GROUP was upto the 28th and the second time last week the 30th March. Lindsey checked this week and they are now upto the 31st March.

The dates also matched up with what my CO said when i checked with her.

If all of the above is correct Janice will soon be on here with a new thread and a huge smile as she was referred on the 29th March, i will then get excited as i was referred on the 30th March and Lindsey will still be here getting excited as she was after.

If it does not go in that order then it means that they throw them all in a big pile and its pure luck when you get seen :shocked:

Guest WAITINGAME
OK, dont quote me on this but here is how i belive the HOC system works -

Not all referrals get procecced in date received order, some get processed before others is they are divided into different visa classes and sub classes with reference to ocupations in demand trades/occupations ect between the HOC docs.

Im on a 176 as an electrician and my visa was lodged Jan 2010.

Janice i belive is also on a 176 electrican.

Lindsey i belive is on a 175 Joiner.

All trades and they all seem to be taking longer with referrals but are being processed with other trades in order of referrals :o

Diferent classes of visa say temps and also different occupations say nurses seem to get processed quicker as they are probably in a different pile.

When i phoned up HOC (twice) as soon as i gave them my name and the date of my referral they told me my GROUP was upto the 28th and the second time last week the 30th March. Lindsey checked this week and they are now upto the 31st March.

The dates also matched up with what my CO said when i checked with her.

If all of the above is correct Janice will soon be on here with a new thread and a huge smile as she was referred on the 29th March, i will then get excited as i was referred on the 30th March and Lindsey will still be here getting excited as she was after.

If it does not go in that order then it means that they throw them all in a big pile and its pure luck when you get seen :shocked:

Well worded..... The person that i said i knew that got there visa...well they had there medicals a week after us ...applying for a joiner the same on 176 ...wife has a kidney or liver problem and got his visa approx 10 days ago now....!!

Yeh am a 175 Joiner applied July 2009, ........son has had grommets but not under ENT for the last two yrs..and waiting

Are well ...I spoke to my agent this morning who is gonna email my case office again because he said he would get back to him in a few days that was monday last week. When i get a reply will keep you informed.

Hows the dog by the way?

Guest alex27

i dont mind waiting really...its more just the wondering whether they will reject our application due to the meds... dont know what id do...

Guest lauren

They seem to be messing a lot of people around with the medicals you only went a few weeks after us. I know how inpatient I was.

Hope you get the good news shortly.

All the best Trev, Vicki and Lauren.

Well worded..... The person that i said i knew that got there visa...well they had there medicals a week after us ...applying for a joiner the same on 176 ...wife has a kidney or liver problem and got his visa approx 10 days ago now....!!

Yeh am a 175 Joiner applied July 2009, ........son has had grommets but not under ENT for the last two yrs..and waiting

Are well ...I spoke to my agent this morning who is gonna email my case office again because he said he would get back to him in a few days that was monday last week. When i get a reply will keep you informed.

Hows the dog by the way?

Well thats that theory gone, guess its the pile theory from now on :arghh:

Our other dog (Pete) is really pining. We have him with one of us all of the time and let him sleep up on the bed but he still wonders around the house searching for Sui :sad:. Hes nearly 11 and she was nearly 9 so he probably cant remember her not being around. We have a cat that thinks hes a dog aswell so he has a bit of animal company but he is missing her.

Well hubby rang them and what aload of bull s**t. Yes we are in the system (we knew that) Yes there were referred on the 29/03/11 (never) and as we dont have a current medical condition and have sent reports for a previous condition then we are in a low priorty pile. Ask how long before they get looked at answer dont know. Was told to speak to case officer and for him to ask for them to be prioritised. Oh yes they are dealing with referals dated 30/03.11 when stated we were 29 so surly they should have been dealt with was told they must be in the pile. Very helpful.

Guest WAITINGAME
I phoned last night too and was told the same yes they are dealing with referrals from 30.03.2011 and yes mine is in that pile.

So day 49 and counting.................................................................

I got an email back from them sayin the same date and told me i will probably be another few weeks....ARHHHHH !!!!

:realmad::realmad:

My agent told me they tend to slow down this time of the yr for the year end...typical.

Are you on facebook?

Guest WAITINGAME
Well hubby rang them and what aload of bull s**t. Yes we are in the system (we knew that) Yes there were referred on the 29/03/11 (never) and as we dont have a current medical condition and have sent reports for a previous condition then we are in a low priorty pile. Ask how long before they get looked at answer dont know. Was told to speak to case officer and for him to ask for them to be prioritised. Oh yes they are dealing with referals dated 30/03.11 when stated we were 29 so surly they should have been dealt with was told they must be in the pile. Very helpful.

nightmare.....my case officer asked for my medicals to be hurried through but the HOC wont do it....he tried bless him ....probably sick to death of me.

good Luck for tomorrow x

I got an email back from them sayin the same date and told me i will probably be another few weeks....ARHHHHH !!!!

:realmad::realmad:

My agent told me they tend to slow down this time of the yr for the year end...typical.

Are you on facebook?

Its amazing, slow down, can they go any slower ?

No not on facebook but the wife is she said she will join the poms in Adelaide SA group when we get the visa but does not want to curse us by joining yet.

Well guys, we have had some movement with the medicals and mine have cleared so just my sons we are waiting on now. His now say futher checking required! At least its a step closer.

Thats good news Janice :)

Im sure the further checks will be fine and at least you are moving up the queue.

Keeping our fingers crossed for you.

As for us well its day 50 and counting :biglaugh: