How long do refered medicals take to process ?

minty

Well listen to my story .....what a fecking nightmare !

We have our visa great.....but we originally applied for the 175 visa then down the line had to change to SS to make things quicker which we did and applied for 176 for QLD, anyway things kept on moving...my agent said to me they have never took us into effect for the 176 visa for some reason and was always considered the 175 (that why we changed to out minds for SA) even when we got requested to do our medical on the letter the case officer sent thru it said 175 visa. Anyway the grant letter came thru that we have the 176 visa for QLD and another letter say 175 Visa. So i contacted my agent to ask them exactly which visa i have and they said 176.

So i did some back round work for the agent....all the letters i have ever had said 175 and my agent agrees so he contact my case officer and asked them to reverse it...but came back this morning saying...well heres the reply :

Dear ******.

This application was only processed because of the State Nomination. The nomination from Queensland at the time it was received in this office was a valid nomination.

Without the valid State Nomination the application would still be waiting allocation to a case officer.

As I have made a lawful decision on the case, with the information I had at the time I made the decision and therefore I can not reverse this lawful decision.

I have checked with my manager and he is of the same opinion.

The grant of Subclass 176 visa's to the primary applicant and his family is the correct and lawful decision and can not be reversed.

Regards,

Case Officer, Team **, Adelaide GSM

So my agent said they dont agree with him and him and his manager are righting to him again reference this :

I’ll send you a copy of the email we’ll send him, here is the gist of what we think…

Firstly, your request letter and your visa application summary BOTH said 175, and made no reference to state sponsorship. That’s why we assumed that you would be given a 175.

Secondly, your state sponsorship was under the old rules. Joiner did not appear on the QLD SMP, meaning that your state sponsorship did not benefit you at all. The point he made about you still having to wait for your application to be allocated to a case officer without valid state nomination is inaccurate. We have had heaps of 175 and 176 family sponsored clients get allocated to case officers in the last few months. Your application is no different to theirs, because you did not have sponsorship through a State Migration Plan.

Those are the basic points. At the end of the day, if he refuses to switch you from a 176 to a 175, then I wouldn’t worry about it. Your visa is a permanent visa, there are no conditions on the visa (per the grant letter), and because joiner is not on the QLD SMP, my manager and I feel that you are relieved of your moral obligation to live and work in QLD. So, I look at your visa the same way I would a 175 visa. In fact, I’ve attached copies of 3 different visa labels. A 176 Family Sponsored, a 176 State Sponsored, and a 175. You’ll notice that the visa labels are exactly the same, the only difference being the numbers 176 and 175. Please note that the blacked out areas are the visa grant dates, client names and visa grant numbers. Just privacy reasons, really. J

So....we will see tomorrow

O dear what a nightmare :arghh:

If you cant get it changed just do SA anyway im sure you will be fine.

Everything is crossed again for you.

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest WAITINGAME
O dear what a nightmare :arghh:

If you cant get it changed just do SA anyway im sure you will be fine.

Everything is crossed again for you.

Thats what were gonna do...!!! Sod Em !! haaa !!

Just annoying ....at least the agents fighting it out...they must agree with me

Guest Claire
Not sure on that one.

It all happened in 1 night for us. We went from referred to finalised to visa granted all at once.

Probably just down to your CO checking now and granting.

Your not going to get any sleep tonight.

Off work tomorrow, so will be up all night checking!

Did yours change on your checklist to Visa Granted? Have you booked your flights yet?

Guest WAITINGAME
Thanks!! I am soo excited, I hope they have been finallised, as it still says refferred but dates the 25th of May and above that Medcials Finalised - 27th of May!

How long after your meds were finalised did you get the approval?

Good luck....you may have your visa tomorrow.x

Off work tomorrow, so will be up all night checking!

Did yours change on your checklist to Visa Granted? Have you booked your flights yet?

Yep went to visa granted aswell.

No not done flights as we want to sell the house first.

Dont want to come back so we dont want any ties here.

Well listen to my story .....what a fecking nightmare !

We have our visa great.....but we originally applied for the 175 visa then down the line had to change to SS to make things quicker which we did and applied for 176 for QLD, anyway things kept on moving...my agent said to me they have never took us into effect for the 176 visa for some reason and was always considered the 175 (that why we changed to out minds for SA) even when we got requested to do our medical on the letter the case officer sent thru it said 175 visa. Anyway the grant letter came thru that we have the 176 visa for QLD and another letter say 175 Visa. So i contacted my agent to ask them exactly which visa i have and they said 176.

So i did some back round work for the agent....all the letters i have ever had said 175 and my agent agrees so he contact my case officer and asked them to reverse it...but came back this morning saying...well heres the reply :

Dear ******.

This application was only processed because of the State Nomination. The nomination from Queensland at the time it was received in this office was a valid nomination.

Without the valid State Nomination the application would still be waiting allocation to a case officer.

As I have made a lawful decision on the case, with the information I had at the time I made the decision and therefore I can not reverse this lawful decision.

I have checked with my manager and he is of the same opinion.

The grant of Subclass 176 visa's to the primary applicant and his family is the correct and lawful decision and can not be reversed.

Regards,

Case Officer, Team **, Adelaide GSM

So my agent said they dont agree with him and him and his manager are righting to him again reference this :

I’ll send you a copy of the email we’ll send him, here is the gist of what we think…

Firstly, your request letter and your visa application summary BOTH said 175, and made no reference to state sponsorship. That’s why we assumed that you would be given a 175.

Secondly, your state sponsorship was under the old rules. Joiner did not appear on the QLD SMP, meaning that your state sponsorship did not benefit you at all. The point he made about you still having to wait for your application to be allocated to a case officer without valid state nomination is inaccurate. We have had heaps of 175 and 176 family sponsored clients get allocated to case officers in the last few months. Your application is no different to theirs, because you did not have sponsorship through a State Migration Plan.

Those are the basic points. At the end of the day, if he refuses to switch you from a 176 to a 175, then I wouldn’t worry about it. Your visa is a permanent visa, there are no conditions on the visa (per the grant letter), and because joiner is not on the QLD SMP, my manager and I feel that you are relieved of your moral obligation to live and work in QLD. So, I look at your visa the same way I would a 175 visa. In fact, I’ve attached copies of 3 different visa labels. A 176 Family Sponsored, a 176 State Sponsored, and a 175. You’ll notice that the visa labels are exactly the same, the only difference being the numbers 176 and 175. Please note that the blacked out areas are the visa grant dates, client names and visa grant numbers. Just privacy reasons, really. J

So....we will see tomorrow

We first applied for a 175 and changed to 176 in Dec 09. When we got email from CO asking for us to go for medicals it did say 175. So dont know what we are being considered for but it doesnt really matter as we were wanting to go to SA anyway.

i wouldnt worry about it.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest zacksl

Hi Guys,

Been interesting reading through this thread. I mailed HOC on the e mail address provided on this thread & they say''

Dear Mr Ousmand

Thank you for your email. Your medicals have been received are currently undergoing assessment.

If you require further information please contact your allocated case officer or relevant business section.

Kind regards''

Guys what does this actually mean??? am i in line & is this just BS or have my medicals somehow started processing already??? Please help! God bless you all for providing me with possibly one sleepless night! ;)

Hi Guys,

Been interesting reading through this thread. I mailed HOC on the e mail address provided on this thread & they say''

Dear Mr Ousmand

Thank you for your email. Your medicals have been received are currently undergoing assessment.

If you require further information please contact your allocated case officer or relevant business section.

Kind regards''

Guys what does this actually mean??? am i in line & is this just BS or have my medicals somehow started processing already??? Please help! God bless you all for providing me with possibly one sleepless night! ;)

I think thats the standard email they send. I would contact your co and ask as they will know if your medicals have been referred. Good luck.

Hiya janice. my god 71 days ... we are at day 20 and iam sick of checking every day i wake up every morning at 2.30 am thinking is today the day , so dread to think what your going through . a

Agent got an email off hoc saying they are working on 13th of april and we still had a long wait .

We had our meds done on 10th of may .

We have sold our house and have to be out in 4/5 weeks so got to get the shippers in and move to my mums praying we get our visa !!!!!

i have everything crossed for you .. good luck

carolyn x

Hiya janice. my god 71 days ... we are at day 20 and iam sick of checking every day i wake up every morning at 2.30 am thinking is today the day , so dread to think what your going through . a

Agent got an email off hoc saying they are working on 13th of april and we still had a long wait .

We had our meds done on 10th of may .

We have sold our house and have to be out in 4/5 weeks so got to get the shippers in and move to my mums praying we get our visa !!!!!

i have everything crossed for you .. good luck

carolyn x

HI we had our med 4 March and they my sons was referred on 29 March so feels like life has stood still for a while. We are renting our house out as we have dropped price twice now and not willing to give it away. As soon as we get grant we are moving in with my parents as we have a friend coming home from NZ who is going to rent it with a view to buy later. We intend to leave about feb. Thats if were still not referred lol.