Bricklayers removed from list!!!

Guest Mizzmp

Guest Mizzmp

I cannot take much more stress! Just looked at the list for ss and they have put bricklayers as NOT AVAILABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Our only way into Australia is ss and now we are in turmoil.

Any suggestions before I proceed to hang myself (not literally of course im just beyond upset).

Help!

Hi there. We know how you feel as we have been there.

When we first started the process electricians were on the "on demand list".

I done my trade recognition and by the end of that we had been taken off.

SA would still sponsor me at the time (rules change all of the time) but when i lodged my visa application in Jan 2010 i was told i would be waiting untill 2013 at least.

I started doing my HNC as i was told by engeneers Australia that with my experience after gaining a HNC it would be highly likely that they would accept my experience as that of the lower level electrical engineer (still on the demand list). Got half way through the course and spent £1000 and they took electrical engineers of the on demand list and put electricians back on it moving me back to cat2. Got my case officer in Feb and almost there.

I guess the point im trying to make is the rules change all of the time.

If they see a demant for a certain trade they will change there minds.

Hang in there and keep watching. If you have to wait untill next year its for a reason but keep trying and you will sucseed.

Guest guest3462

This is only due to the fact that this years numbers for electricians have been met. This years applications have to be submitted by 15th may at 5pm est to be processed in this cycle. The diac rules change in July then in compliance with this the sol will change again to fit in. So don't panic just yet, it could be that you just have a bit of a delay on your application. All the best

Julia

What thebacons say makes sense. They do change their mind. If you look at what has happened at this neck of the woods lately they will probably do a lot more of it as they try to meet demand. I heard the other day that it is very difficult to get building work done these days because quite a lot of people are being lured to Queensland as they have a lot to rebuild there and leaving a gap here.

Guest Mizzmp

Im totally gutted. Luckily my aunts i perth and she could sponsor us but I think that takes about 3 years to process whereas state sponsorship would be around 12 months. I could be wrong tho.

We are a hardworking family and never sponge so I just hope we find a way to get the visa.

Guest Opportunities
Im totally gutted. Luckily my aunts i perth and she could sponsor us but I think that takes about 3 years to process whereas state sponsorship would be around 12 months. I could be wrong tho.

We are a hardworking family and never sponge so I just hope we find a way to get the visa.

Hi,

I had a quick browse and saw that brickies are on the SMP for WA and NSW. How set are you on SA?

Good luck with the way forward!

Karen

x;)

Guest Mizzmp

We are going to have a look at WA and probably go for that. I looked at our application status for SA just now and theres a new box which says application decision "no decision yet" so I take it that means if they handn't taken us off the list then we would have had our sponsorship!

Never mind x