Guest Mitch

110Volt power tools

Guest Mitch

Hi All,

I received my 176 visa two weeks ago :biglaugh:and everything is now being planned for our intended move to Adelaide. I am a carpenter and have many 110 volt power tools, can someone please confirm one way or another if it would be advisable to bring them with me or sell them before I leave.

Any feed back would be appreciated.

Ive only asked this question on another forum for sparkies and i was told not to bother and just bring my battery stuff. Hope they were right as ive sold it all now.

Guest parko

Hi

I brought all my 110v power tools over and they are still all boxed up 18 months later if you can get a good price for them and use that money to by some new battery drills etc ,I would do that now knowing what i know as they use 230v on site here.

Parko

Hi there

My hubby brought his 110volt tools along with transformers and they work fine. Would say bring them, just make sure you clean them well. We used JEYES FLUID and they all got in no probs. Saves replacing them when you get here as you'll have enough to do and spend money on!!!

Hope this helps.

Don't bring them sell them no use over here. they will work with a change of plug on the trany but you would be the only one on site using them.most of my tools are 18v battery and a few 240v with a trip box.Think most people that have brought them over have them sitting about gathering dust. You can not even sell them here as no one wants them or uses them

Guest Mitch

Thanks for the reply guys, it would appear that the majority of you are advising that I should sell the tools prior to leaving. That should give me a few more pounds in the fund as I think I will need it. Thanks again.

Guest Mitch

I am absolutely hopeless on this as I dont know if i have responded to you already, however if i havent then thanks for the info as it would appear that I should sell my power tools prior to leaving.

I had better start to list them and get them sold on.

Thanks