Guest Roo1

I'm Back! Did u miss me?

Guest Roo1

Hey PIA family,

No, I haven't been abducted by aliens or spat my dummy out the pram and no longer post on here......., rather Ian and I have had a lovely 2 weeks away from it all and have been holidaying in Brisbane through to Cairns.

We've had a fab time exploring in our rented Britz Camper Van. A true back packer experience complete with sitting up till 2 in the morning, with strangers, round a few mosquito coils (the closest thing to a fire, as campers were not allowed them) and a pack of ice cold beer in the Eskie.

We've swam with turtles at thw Whit Sundays, braved icy Waterfalls outside of Cairns, come face to fave with a red bellied black snake in a rainforest and dug out our 4x4 on Fraser Island and caught a huge barimunde in Townsville to just name a few!

It was just what we needed to open are eyes to the wonderful country Austraia is. A few months ago we visited Uluru and now Queensland, I can't wait to go exploring again, who knows where we'll end up. But its good to home I must admit and can't wait to catch up with my mates ( you know who you are....xxxx)

So, people what have I missed? lol

Judi xx

Guest happy-jools

Wow Judi, what a trip.

it sounds amazin.

One question, I hope you dont mind me being nosy, but are campervans expensive to hire.

xx:wubclub:

Guest Guzzler&Sas

wow - sounds like an awesome trip!

Have your folks gone back now? You have not missed much - well I don't think you have!

Can't wait to have a proper catch up soon.

regs

sas

Guest Roo1

Hi Jools,

We hired a High Top Britz camper van. Its for 2 adults and one child. It works out about $100 a day but then you have your insurance on top of that which is pretty steep. Plus we used caravan parks which are around $28 for a powered site and then of course you need fuel.

Britz also takes out a $5000 bond for the van from your credit card (I guess so you don't drive off with it forever) but it gets put back on when you take the van back.

They also charge extra for bedding/towels/camp chairs/awning etc.

So, really, camping is not as cheap as it sounds but I totally recommend doing it and exploring Aus, its well worth the money.

Jx;)

Guest Roo1
    wow - sounds like an awesome trip!

Have your folks gone back now? You have not missed much - well I don't think you have!

Can't wait to have a proper catch up soon.

regs

sas

Thanks hun, Donna told me about your playgroup on Tuesday. I'm going to try and come to that as I drop my folks off at the airport at 10am, so I'll need a few hugs after.

J x

Guest Django
    So, people what have I missed?

Sorry:confused: .........you are who again?????:P

:biglaugh::biglaugh:

Pete

Guest Roo1
    Sorry:confused: .........you are who again?????:P

Ha,ha, got out of the funny side of bed this morning did you??? :P

;)

Welcome back, thought it had been quiet hahaha !

Sounds like you had an amazing 2 weeks, hope to catch up soon, BTW I've moved in so feel free to pop down anytime.

Take care

Angela x