Guest WAITINGAME

China Eastern Airline....Anybody used them?

Guest WAITINGAME

Hi All

Am just looking at flights for next jan/feb for validating our visa and these are coming up about approx £2700 for a family of 4 compared with other airlines £1000 plus more for the same dates.

They give you a free accomodation in with that flight for one night in Shanghai, the connection going out is 3 hrs but coming back its 17 hrs hence the reason for the hotel room.

Just your thoughts please....

Thanks

Guest tinkham_lee

Pay the extra and fly with someone else. I personally haven't flown with them but my Grandparents did back in January and they were very dissapointed.

Delayed flight from china meaning connecting Sydney to Adelaide flight was missed, had to pay extra to change the flight.

Return flight was changed to the next day and they were not told until they double checked their flight times when they arrived in Australia. had to suddenly add a night to hotel in Sydney and remove one from china. very difficult.

Aircrew not very helpful and looked like they didn't want to be there. (They flew business class)

All in all they were not very impressed and would not fly with them again.

Guest MrsHills

Hmm, my parents have flown every time with CEA, they say generally the service is good (they also fly Business Class) it must be as my Dad Grumpy old Git that he is wouldnt go with them again if they were bad, so two stories, two different thoughts.

I would take note of what tinkham lee says above though and make sure you leave plenty of time between your arrival in Sydney and onward to Adelaide so you dont miss connection if late!

From the reviews, sounds like the in flight entertainment is non existent, with small kids you might want to make sure you fly with an airline that has individual screens, or it's going to be a veeeeery long flights with boooored kids...

my Dad, Grumpy old Git that he is .....

You must be my long lost sister!!!!!!!!:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh: