Guest Cahills

Schools South Adelaide

Guest Cahills

Hi to you all, this is our first time on poms in adelaide. We are hoping to be in adelaide end of Aug 2011, we are looking for info on local primary and high schools in the Flagstaff, Happy Valley, Woodcroft, Aberfoyle Park and Blackwood areas. Does anyone have any recommendations !!, we still have not made a final decision of where we want to move to, so if anyone has any info on the areas we would be grateful.

hi Cahills

its Toppings here! we've been mooching around this forum for a while now and find it really useful with lots of people willing to answer questions. I've found the link below in the Education forum that might be helpful for you.

http://www.pomsinadelaide.com/forum/education/22342-high-school.html

How you getting on selling your house? We're busy doing a few jobs before we put it up for sale. Did you change your estate agents?

Belair, Coromandel Valley, Blackwood Primaries are all good schools and they feed into Blackwood High which is also generally well thought of.

Guest m.jephcott

My son is at flagstaff, Has been there since october, he is happy and so are we though early days. School is in lovely grounds, classes are big my son has 31 in his 3/4 class. Lots of english families, my son claims half his class is english not sure this is true .

Guest Cahills

Hello, what a surprise lol thanks for the info, we are on line now most nights looking at places and schools, but its never ending. What are the areas you are looking at ? Our house went up for sale with Reeds Rains yesterday so fingers crossed we now get some viewers. Got a transport company coming out next week to give us a quote on how much it will cost to have all our belongings shipped over. I am sure we will speak soon :) Paula

Hi,

Our son goes to Aberfoyle Hub Primary, it is lovely, small class sizes, no other poms in his year but there are one or two others in the school. Everyone is really friendly - a real community spirit.

Good luck with your move over, hope we get to meet you when you arrive as you are looking in our area.

Mel

About six months ago, I looked round both Belair and Coromandel Valley primary schools for a family coming over. Was very impressed with both. Friendly, helpful, good heads, good facilities, polite children, if that helps!

Guest Opportunities

Anyone know anything about Unley High and Primary?

Thanks

Karen

Unley High is one of the traditional old academic high school....our esteemed priminister attended there :D. It has a wide range of subjects and sports, but still has non academic subjects on offer. Unley primary is in a good area and no major problems. Kids from there either go to Unley High, Glenunga or private schools.