Bored Kids? Be a Scout!

Guest Roo1

Hi all,

I've read a lot of post on here from time to time, saying that their kids are bored or there's nothing to do with them here in Adelaide or its expensive to take them out etc.

Well here's an idea!

Scouts Australia

My son, who's 8, joined 2 years ago at the Hallett Cove branch and its been the best decision we made for him, he just loves going.

At the age of 6, girls and boys can join Joeys. They meet once a week and learn about everything from Star Formation, Science Nights, Cooking, Camping, Bike Hikes, to name just a few.

Last year the Joeys went camping (twice) which my son loved and it gave him a sense of independants that he hadn't had before.

Now, he's 8 and has moved up to cubs. Last night we all went down to Lazer Zone for an end of term treat and today I'll be taking him over to Sea Haven where he'll spend the weekend learning how to sail, tie knots, water safety and just have fun camping out with the other Cubs.

Both girls and boys can be a scout now a days and for just $50 a term, its well worth taking them along for one evening a week.

For more info go to www.scouts.com.au

Thanks for reading,

Judi

A brilliant way to keep them occupied.

My sons both attended scouts for years. The contact details for our area (Onkaparinga) are:

Aberfoyle Park Scout Group

Happy Valley Oval Complex

Taylors Road West

Aberfoyle Park SA 5159

Aldinga Bay Scout Group

John Street

Aldinga Beach SA 5173

Flagstaff Hill Scout Group

161 Black Road

Flagstaff Hill SA 5159

Hackham Scout Group

Roberts Road