Guest hughescl

UK Private Pensions

Guest hughescl

Hi everyone

I wonder if someone can help. Is it best to sort out transferring our UK pensions across while we are in the UK or should we wait and get some financial advice when we arrive at the end June? Also should we transfer them or can they stay in the UK frozen? I don't realy have much knowledge on the Pension front as mine was set up by my employer.

Many Thanks

Claire

Hi everyone

I wonder if someone can help. Is it best to sort out transferring our UK pensions across while we are in the UK or should we wait and get some financial advice when we arrive at the end June? Also should we transfer them or can they stay in the UK frozen? I don't realy have much knowledge on the Pension front as mine was set up by my employer.

Many Thanks

Claire

Hi Claire

Firstly, there is no rush to transfer your pensions and in fact it would be wise to wait until you have ben in Australia for a period of time before deciding whether to look at transferring. There really is no rush to do this and once transferred they cannot be transferred back if you decide that Australia is not for you.

Will you be coming on a temporary or permanent visa?

Secondly, they can stay where they are and will continue to either A) grow in line with your designated investmentment approach if market linked, or B) increase in line with inflation (the cost of living) if final salary.

Whether you should transfer or not is what you would take advice on when you feel settled in Oz.

Hope this helps.

Andy

Guest hughescl
    Hi Claire

Firstly, there is no rush to transfer your pensions and in fact it would be wise to wait until you have ben in Australia for a period of time before deciding whether to look at transferring. There really is no rush to do this and once transferred they cannot be transferred back if you decide that Australia is not for you.

Will you be coming on a temporary or permanent visa?

Secondly, they can stay where they are and will continue to either A) grow in line with your designated investmentment approach if market linked, or B) increase in line with inflation (the cost of living) if final salary.

Whether you should transfer or not is what you would take advice on when you feel settled in Oz.

Hope this helps.

Andy

Hi Andy

We wil be coming on a perm resident visa. That's great to know and one less thing for me to sort out before we leave.

Many thanks

Claire