jim&nik

How much money on one way flight.

Hi

Just woundering if there is a limit to what cash you are able to take over in hand luggage, on a one way flight. Holding a 176 PR visa. Both pounds and dollers.

Many Thanks

Guest Mitchell

It's a total of $5,000 Aus but they add up everything you have and convert it to get the total. Be careful because failing to declare is a federal offense and will get you in big trouble! Not sure why you'd want to carry that much cash. Easier to bring a UK card that charges no fee for foreign withdrawals and pit the rest in an Aussie account before you arrive.

Let us know which flight you're coming on and we'll be there to meet you (I'll be the one with the stocking on my head and the baseball bat ;))

Guest Guest75
    It's a total of $5,000 Aus but they add up everything you have and convert it to get the total. Be careful because failing to declare is a federal offense and will get you in big trouble! Not sure why you'd want to carry that much cash. Easier to bring a UK card that charges no fee for foreign withdrawals and pit the rest in an Aussie account before you arrive.

Ooo,that's changed! Sorry for my misinformation:cute:

Guest Nicky&Andy

when we came over , we brought $10,000 cash (end of sept 2011) really easy to send through a bank or money corp etc but we felt better knowing we had cash in case things went wrong with transfers , just split it up abit in different places,and try not to spend it cause you have it x

Let us know which flight you're coming on and we'll be there to meet you (I'll be the one with the stocking on my head and the baseball bat ;))

Never said I was going to bring the full amount. But would be nice to meet you.LOL:goofy:

I too was wondering the same and found this on the Australian Customs website, guide for travellers:

There is no limit to the amount of currency you can bring in or out of Australia. However, you must declare amounts of A$10,000 or more in Australian currency or foreign equivalent. If asked by a Customs and Border Protection officer you must also fill in a Bearer Negotiable Instruments (BNI) form if you’re carrying promissory notes,

travellers cheques, personal cheques, money orders or postal orders.

Here is the link if you want to check it out.

http://www.customs.gov.au/webdata/resources/files/GuideForTravellers.pdf

Julie