Sign in to follow this  
Guest hughescl

Travel Insurance for migrants

Guest hughescl

Hi everyone

Can anyone recomend a company for migrant travel insurance please? Also how long did you have the insurance for?

Many Thanks

Claire

Guest Aussie pat

Aussie pat's other half here

We used Go Walkabout (Normal UK travel policy invalid as you are prob aware, assumes you will be returning to UK.) About 120 (140?) pounds for 2 adults 2 children. Their standard offering included 21 days cover once you arrived in Adelaide - plenty of time to arrange Medicare. We didn't need to claim, so didn't put them to the test.

I'm sure there are others out there as well. Hopefully some one with more recent experience will tell you who they are.

Guest hughescl
    Aussie pat's other half here

We used Walkabout (or was it Go Walkabout? - my memory's getting hazy now - it was 3 years ago) for one way insurance. (Normal UK travel policy invalid as you are prob aware, assumes you will be returning to UK.) About 120 (140?) pounds for 2 adults 2 children. Their standard offering included 21 days cover once you arrived in Adelaide - plenty of time to arrange Medicare. We didn't need to claim, so didn't put them to the test.

I'm sure there are others out there as well. Hopefully some one with more recent experience will tell you who they are.

That's great thanks will look thenm up today

Claire :)