Guest sunnydays

Help with RSMS please!

Guest sunnydays

Hi

Just wondering if anyone can advise....if we are going over on an RSMS and we have passed the first two stages and its just the visa application do you think that if we have no convictions/ great C.V and job history and enough cash - we should get the visa OK?? Or is there a chance they could still say no?? We have heard that DIMIA are trying to make it harder to get this visa and are worried that if we sell the house bofore the visa is granted we may be left homeless if we are knocked back!sad.gif Has anyone heard of people being refused?? Is it true that DIMIA are cracking down on this visa??

Any advice appreciatedconfused.gif

Hi

Just wondering if anyone can advise....if we are going over on an RSMS and we have passed the first two stages and its just the visa application do you think that if we have no convictions/ great C.V and job history and enough cash - we should get the visa OK?? Or is there a chance they could still say no?? We have heard that DIMIA are trying to make it harder to get this visa and are worried that if we sell the house bofore the visa is granted we may be left homeless if we are knocked back!sad.gif Has anyone heard of people being refused?? Is it true that DIMIA are cracking down on this visa??

Any advice appreciatedconfused.gif

Hi there

The current moniker for DIMIA is DIAC. (Department of Immigration And Citizenship.) They were going to call it DIC until someone with a sense of humour suggested that this might not be the brightest idea.

DIAC are concerned about RSMS visas but only when they suspect a racket. There have been stories about people who have been overseas Students in Oz and then once they have graduated, somebody has supposedly offered them a job in the Backofbeyondup - which is an inherently unlikely proposition. Rumour (or suspicion) hath it that large sums of money have sometimes changed hands, usually via a crooked middleman.

Nobody has been convicted of immigration fraud on similar facts and as far as I know, nobody has even been charged. I don't know whether it is all down to lurid imaginations or whether there is some genuine foundation based on some demonstrable facts. However DIAC have been carrying out a "Review" into the RSMS visa, just to make sure that they have blocked all possible cracks with it.

That said, the vast majority of applicants for RSMS visas are not up to anything dodgy and nor are their employers. It does not sound to me as if there are any factors that would cause DIAC to be suspicious of you?

What is your occupation, how much experience do you have in this type of work and where is your prospective employer based, please?

Cheers

Gill

Hi I came over on this one, so long as the checks on the company supporting you are 100% plus they can prove you have a skill they cannot find locally AND you can prove you have the required skill sets then I cannot see that you have a problem :)

Good luck

Von x

Guest sunnydays
    Hi I came over on this one, so long as the checks on the company supporting you are 100% plus they can prove you have a skill they cannot find locally AND you can prove you have the required skill sets then I cannot see that you have a problem :)

Good luck

Von x

Hi Von

Yes the company are OK, job has been advertised etc. and not filled and we definately have the skill set and good refs, qualifications etc to support our application.

Thanks for your reply just wish DIAC would get their skates on can't wait to get there!!;)

Guest sunnydays
    Hi there

The current moniker for DIMIA is DIAC. (Department of Immigration And Citizenship.) They were going to call it DIC until someone with a sense of humour suggested that this might not be the brightest idea.

DIAC are concerned about RSMS visas but only when they suspect a racket. There have been stories about people who have been overseas Students in Oz and then once they have graduated, somebody has supposedly offered them a job in the Backofbeyondup - which is an inherently unlikely proposition. Rumour (or suspicion) hath it that large sums of money have sometimes changed hands, usually via a crooked middleman.

Nobody has been convicted of immigration fraud on similar facts and as far as I know, nobody has even been charged. I don't know whether it is all down to lurid imaginations or whether there is some genuine foundation based on some demonstrable facts. However DIAC have been carrying out a "Review" into the RSMS visa, just to make sure that they have blocked all possible cracks with it.

That said, the vast majority of applicants for RSMS visas are not up to anything dodgy and nor are their employers. It does not sound to me as if there are any factors that would cause DIAC to be suspicious of you?

What is your occupation, how much experience do you have in this type of work and where is your prospective employer based, please?

Cheers

Gill

Hi Gill

Thanks for your reply it was very helpful!

We are coming to Adelaide where our employer is based and can't wait!! Thats the problem- it is taking houses alot longer to sell in the UK and if we don't get ours on the market soon we will be struggling to be in Adelaide before Christmas!! We just had a wobbly moment where we thought about the what if's and started to get worried!! We have a strong application with everything we need according to our agent so we will be fine but we just wish it didn't have to take so long!

Sorry about the DIMIA - DIAC thingy I did not realise that is how they are being known these days!!

Thanks again :D

Guest difflock13
    Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme (RSMS);)

thank you

im still learning!!