Sign in to follow this  
Guest Squareman

My son's Aussie accent!

Guest Squareman

My son came to me the other day and asked for a fiver. I asked him what he wanted the money for and he looked at me as if I was daft. He then repeated that he was asking for a fiver and again, I asked him what he was going to do with the money.

He then said to me "No dad, I want a fiver. You know, when you help someone!" ( a favour)

I nearly creased up. :biglaugh:

Guest Ryan T. Lion

Brilliant! Just read your post to my wife and she was cracking up too!

We're bringing two girls (2 and 5) who are right little chatter boxes..... Can't wait to hear what they come out with after some exposure!

Ah bless him xx I love my sons Ozzie accent he will be talking away then out slips his Essex Accent like" wots goin on ere" as they say you can talk the boy out of essex but can you take essex out of the boy??:biglaugh:

Guest Guest75

It get's worse.........especially with the girls.

Our Little Tyke spoke a language known only to herself and a small cross section of Aussie teenage girls for a few years.

We literally had to ask her to stop and translate.:o:o

Guest Squareman

LOL cheers guys, glad you found it as funny as i do. It seems that whenever he learns a new word at school, he learns the pronounciation in an aussie accent, if you know what I mean.

I must also tell you that at a recent parent's evening at his school, I happened to look at the white-board and noticed that the teacher had been teaching them words with the "ar" sound in it. There was a big list of words, with the 'ar' bit highlighted e.g. bARbecue, mARble, gARfish, stARt, etc etc

Right down at the bottom, was fARt. No kidding :-)