Guest jasongd

Help !! what does this mean

Guest jasongd

Hi,

I just noticed this on our application for state sponsorship.

IELTS/Occupation

Even though you are applying from the United Kingdom, your occupation requires that you provide proof that you have a IELTS score of 6.5 in each band. Common proof is IELTS result..

I thought 6.5 meant you did not have to sit an IELTS if from the UK and your job has a score of 6.5 or under

We are applying under my wife who is a hairdresser.

Please any info would be great I am having a nervo

Jason

Hi

Just checked and a Hairdresser special requirements is IELTS 6.5 Band and as per the Make the Move website, it states if you hold a valid passport from the UK and where the requirement is less than 7.0 no IELTS test is required.

Hope this helps

Nat

Guest jasongd

Hi,

This is what I believed to be the case but quoting the form on state sponsorship it say

IELTS/Occupation

Even though you are applying from the United Kingdom, your occupation requires that you provide proof that you have a IELTS score of 6.5 in each band. Common proof is IELTS result.

I dont get it

Jason

My OH is a Painter and Decorator, his requirement was 6.5 like your wife's occupation, he has not taken the test and we have had our SA SS approved. All you need to do is send a copy of your passport (your wifes) along with the rest of the hard copies. Where are you reading that from?

Nat

Guest helene73

I have just lodged my SA SS and I am a hairdresser and I can confirm hairdressers don't have to take the test, I double checked with my visa agent, not sure what they put on the form though! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guest Adelaide_bound
    Hi,

This is what I believed to be the case but quoting the form on state sponsorship it say

IELTS/Occupation

Even though you are applying from the United Kingdom, your occupation requires that you provide proof that you have a IELTS score of 6.5 in each band. Common proof is IELTS result.

I dont get it

Jason

It could be Jason because, just because you are applying from the UK, it doesn't nec. mean you have a UK passport so you need the proof of either the IELTS test result or your UK passport (as this counts the same as a 6.5 IELTS test result). That's how I read it, with the requirements you don't need the IELTS etc, anyway.