Anyone took one of these on a plane before?

Guest Ryan T. Lion

Guest Ryan T. Lion

Our 'proper' cot will be shipped and arrive a couple of weeks behind us - so we need to travel with this one... Each of us (myself, wife and 2 kids) should get an allowance for luggage (20kg etc) but has anyone ever checked in something like this? Sorry if I am being thick - our last time on a plane was 2005 as a dinky couple! Travel cots weren't excactly at the forefront of our mind!!!

5663464453_2b39ebfab5.jpg

Guest Ryan T. Lion
I'd say no problem putting that in the hold as long as the weight comes within your family's luggage allowance. You'd need to wrap thick plastic sheeting round it, but they might give you a bag at the airport anyway.

Cool thanks, but would that be the "only" piece of luggage we could take for her?

Thanks again

Ry.

Guest seekingsunshine

when we flew here with our twelve week old baby he got 10kg of luggage allowance and we also took his travel system (so big proper pram not a stroller) and the airline got our huge pram out for us to have in Singapore airport.

We flew with singapore airlines who were fantastic :)

not sure about travel cot but i think it would be worth ringing your airline up to find out what they will allow you to bring.......

hope the journey goes well!

(not sure how iold your little ones are- we also have twins, who were three when we flew -they loved it and were very well behaved thank goodness lol)

we had 2 xhand luggage, my hand bag, laptop bag, pram, 4rx 20kg luggage and 10 kg luggage for our 12 week old baby! we actually bought return tickets as was a lot cheaper than one way lol...

Guest guest3462

You should get 10kg luggage allowance for bubba plus you can take a travel cot and pram extra to your luggage allowance. This is the case for singapore airlines, qantas, malayasian and emirates.

Guest bishop3912

Hi we flew over 5 weeks ago & flew Singapore Airlines, we cld have a pram & travel cot & car seat for the baby as well as any other car seats needed for the other kids all for no extra cost. However I do know that when we flew on our reccie with Quantas it had to come out of our baggage allowance (we got stung for excess baggage with it as our tickets & flight no said BA who allow it, but flight no got changed at airport & Quantas were really unreasonable!!!!)

Our 'proper' cot will be shipped and arrive a couple of weeks behind us - so we need to travel with this one... Each of us (myself, wife and 2 kids) should get an allowance for luggage (20kg etc) but has anyone ever checked in something like this? Sorry if I am being thick - our last time on a plane was 2005 as a dinky couple! Travel cots weren't excactly at the forefront of our mind!!!

5663464453_2b39ebfab5.jpg

Ours looks identical and we had no problem when we emigrated in October 2009. As we were emigrating, we were allowed a bigger allowance.

We used large sports holdalls as they are much lighter than cases and you can pack loads in them. If you're bringing golf clubs, they are not included on long haul :D

Good luck,

Cooler

Guest Ryan T. Lion
You should get 10kg luggage allowance for bubba plus you can take a travel cot and pram extra to your luggage allowance. This is the case for singapore airlines, qantas, malayasian and emirates.

Sounds great - thanks!