Guest Claire

Have we done the right thing?

Guest Claire

Hi All,

Looking for yet more advice, based on what we seen with the forum, CO are being allocated quickly.

We therefore booked our meds (they are on the 17th of May) and our police checks due back anytime now. We still havent been allocated a CO and our application was lodged on the 31st of March - is it frowned upon pre booking meds etc?

Thanks

Claire x

Hi Claire, Your case officer when you get one will be happy you have things arranged as they just want to finalise things ASAP. So dont worry we did the same and have meds tomorrow, we only got case officer on Friday.

Guest SusieOR

The main thing is...

When you finally get your visa, you get 1 year to go & validate it... the 1 year goes from the date of your meds or police certs whichever is sooner...

so as long as you are planning on goin to Oz before this time next year you will be fine!!!

Sx

Guest Claire
    Hi Claire, Your case officer when you get one will be happy you have things arranged as they just want to finalise things ASAP. So dont worry we did the same and have meds tomorrow, we only got case officer on Friday.

Thanks Stephen,

Few folk have said we should wait until the VCO requests this, but agree with yourself!!

Let us know how you get on with the medicals..... have you arranged for the kids to get them?

Thanks

Claire x

Guest Claire
    The main thing is...

When you finally get your visa, you get 1 year to go & validate it... the 1 year goes from the date of your meds or police certs whichever is sooner...

so as long as you are planning on goin to Oz before this time next year you will be fine!!!

Sx

Thanks Susie,

I didnt know that, thanks for this! Hoping to be away for this year or early next, so based on this we should be OK!

Thanks again Susie :D

Claire xx

Guest SusieOR

Nothing wrong with being prepared as long as it works for you :)

Thanks Stephen,

Few folk have said we should wait until the VCO requests this, but agree with yourself!!

Let us know how you get on with the medicals..... have you arranged for the kids to get them?

Thanks

Claire x

Hi Claire, took some advice. As I no longer have contact with ex and not possible to get them to medicals. We are sending request from solicitor, if still no responce we have done all possible so will have to sign stat dec saying facts. They will remove them from application I hope.

Guest Claire
    Hi Claire, took some advice. As I no longer have contact with ex and not possible to get them to medicals. We are sending request from solicitor, if still no responce we have done all possible so will have to sign stat dec saying facts. They will remove them from application I hope.

Hope it goes ok! Good luck for the medicals..... let us know how you get on!

Claire

Guest dwethe

Hi, i am waiting to be allocated my CO, what is the process for arranging Medicals and police check? Any help ou there?

Guest Claire
    Hi, i am waiting to be allocated my CO, what is the process for arranging Medicals and police check? Any help ou there?

Hi Dean,

Are you using an agent? My agent advised to hold off with meds and police checks until we were allocated a CO! But on this forum the majority booked already so I jumped on the bandwagon haha!

If your from the UK your police checks are done through ACRO - if you google this the website will come up, select the emigrating link, and download the application form!

To book medicals there is a list of providers on the DIAC website, I am from Glasgow so our were booked through the spire hospital in Edinburgh!

If you go onto the Visa Lodged and waiting thread you will find tons of helpful advice, without that link I would be totally lost! You should put a message on it with your ss approved and the date you lodged your visa! Its excellent!

Hope this helps!

Claire :D

Guest dwethe

Thanks Claire, I will have a look on the web and see what happens. I am from Leeds and am using an agent.

Guest Claire
    Thanks Claire, I will have a look on the web and see what happens. I am from Leeds and am using an agent.

Your agent may be able to recommend a hospital for your medicals!

Claire :)

Guest SusieOR

I'm from Rothwell in Leeds... currently living in Ireland... nd hoping to move to Oz!!! Which area are you?

Sx

Hi Dean, we are doing meds in Manchester. They do e health and have been told they are very good. Do your police checks there only £35 each.

Stephen

Guest dwethe

Ooops your from Rothwell - played football for Rothwell for 5 years.

Guest dwethe

Hi Stephen - Where did you get there details from?