Can you help?

Guest mcfarscott

Guest mcfarscott

Hi Guys

My wife and I arrived in Adelaide last Friday and my wife is having trouble finding work. Does anyone know of any good agencies or opportunities that are around at the moment?

She is currently looking to work in either an administration or retail sales environment.

Any help greatly appreciated!!!:)

Guest sarahsmartiepants
Hi Guys

My wife and I arrived in Adelaide last Friday and my wife is having trouble finding work. Does anyone know of any good agencies or opportunities that are around at the moment?

She is currently looking to work in either an administration or retail sales environment.

Any help greatly appreciated!!!:)

Give it time, you havent been here a week yet! Something will come up

Guest sarah_clancy

Hey I've just come across your message.

I wouldn't worry, we have been here for 6 weeks now, and all 3 of us still havent found jobs.

We did think it would have been easier, but i'm sure something will come up soon.

I went to centrelink to get a ''job seekers number'' and that entitled me to go through an agency called ''Maxima''... which I went and had an interview, and the lady set me up on the internet site, and they send me job offers on what i asked for.

Guest sarahsmartiepants

I wouldn't worry, we have been here for 6 weeks now, and all 3 of us still havent found jobs.

We did think it would have been easier, but i'm sure something will come up soon.

I went to centrelink to get a ''job seekers number'' and that entitled me to go through an agency called ''Maxima''... which I went and had an interview, and the lady set me up on the internet site, and they send me job offers on what i asked for.

Sarah, I cant believe you havent found a job hairdressing yet! Are you looking for full or part time? In my expirience most jobs are pt time, when they wnat you type things, is this the case for you?

Sarah

Try not to worry. This is what I found the hardest when we arrived 10 months ago-the fact that my hubby came out to a job helped, but I thought I would find a job quickly and it took me a good 2 months, so don't panic-something will come along in the end, it might not bo the perfect job first time, but just keep your eyes open x:)

If Austrlai has taught me anything it the age old saying:

"you work to live you don't live to work!"

I went to Select Employment Services in the City (Jess & Claudia) and I thought that they were really helpful and gave me regular work - Telephone number 08 8468 8000.

Good Luck!

Guest chillyanna

HI

from what i remember reading in the past, the advertiser newspaper was a good place to look for jobs or so i heard, hope this helps you some.

all the best with your search and hope you get fixed up soon.

paul

Guest sarah_clancy
Sarah, I cant believe you havent found a job hairdressing yet! Are you looking for full or part time? In my expirience most jobs are pt time, when they wnat you type things, is this the case for you?

Sarah

Hey Sarah

Well ive been too a few trials at big salons, and they were advertised as ''part time, and full time''... i wanted full time (coming upto christmas and all that) but it turned out that they really wanted part time. And another salon in Marion last week are getting back to me on the 15th when the owners are back?...People just really take there time getting back to you over here. It's really dissapointing - i work doing a trial for nothing - and don't even get a job out of it!.

Did you find it easy to get work in a salon??

Guest sarahsmartiepants
Hey Sarah

Well ive been too a few trials at big salons, and they were advertised as ''part time, and full time''... i wanted full time (coming upto christmas and all that) but it turned out that they really wanted part time. And another salon in Marion last week are getting back to me on the 15th when the owners are back?...People just really take there time getting back to you over here. It's really dissapointing - i work doing a trial for nothing - and don't even get a job out of it!.

Did you find it easy to get work in a salon??

Yes,and all the trials I did was just one person usually foils, and blow dry. Which salon in marion is it Kaz hair???

sarah

Guest philnjulie

HI sarah if your still looking for a hairdressing job i might be able to help u out. I work for a group of 14 hair/beauty salons in adelaide and were always on the lookout for skilled people. The salons are dotted around adelaide if your interested pm me. julie

• 2 weeks later...
Guest mcfarscott

Thanks guys for all the support, great news my wife has managed to get a job for the new year!!

Only problem now is that I will have to do my own cooking and washing!!! :arghh: