Guest Lesley F

Looking to chat to new people about emigrating

Guest Lesley F

Hey everyone,

I am Lesley, I am 37 and currently living in the Scottish Borders. My 176 skilled visa for hairdressing was lodged on the 28 March 2011 for SA. I am looking to try and make new friends and contacts in and around Adelaide as I will be emigrating alone. I am a very friendly and bubbly person so I'm hoping that I will make friends quite easily when I get there. It would be great to hear from anyone going through the same or has been through the same as me. Will it be easy to find a house share ?? job etc

Looking forward to chatting to new people.

Lesley :D

Hi Lesley. I can't help you to much as imnot doing this alone. We are a family of four. Myself, hubby and two little darlings(lol). What we do share and have in common is the emigrating process. Our visa was granted on Thursday and we are now waiting for our house to sell before flying out of sunny England. I feel like I have been on A very long roller coaster and I can at last see the end. I have spent the last 5 months with my life on hold. All I can tell you is that when you get that email saying visa approved it is the best feeling in the world. I'm still on cloud nine right. All the best for you in the future. I hope your dreams come true and if I can be of any help to you just PM or send a thread.

Guest Lesley F

congratulations Sharon, you will all be getting excited for the move :-) yes I have to agree the process has been a roller coaster but I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I get my visa. Good luck with the move and who knows we may even cross paths once in Adelaide :-)

Guest helene73

Hello you :)

You will find the guys on here great they have helped me loads with all my silly questions and it's a great way to make friends. I don't know what I would of done without them :)

Have a great weekend Lesley and keep in touch with me :) x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guest Lesley F

Thanks Helene, I'm already finding this site most helpfull which kinda makes it a little easier :-)

You have given me great advice and appreciate it x

Guest kazhickey

Hi Lesley, my name is Karen I have applied for my visa 176 in april and am a hairdresser too (40) Am going over with my husband and 2 children. We are going over for a holiday in december as we have never been before. Dnt know what area we will end up in yet but love the look of the hills. My sister has applied too and is also a hairdresser she will be coming over on her own too, shes 37. Have you ever been before? When we go over in dec we dont know where to stay, does anyone know is it better to rent a house or try do a house swap? look forward to keeping intouch with you Lesley

Guest Lesley F
    Hi Lesley, my name is Karen I have applied for my visa 176 in april and am a hairdresser too (40) Am going over with my husband and 2 children. We are going over for a holiday in december as we have never been before. Dnt know what area we will end up in yet but love the look of the hills. My sister has applied too and is also a hairdresser she will be coming over on her own too, shes 37. Have you ever been before? When we go over in dec we dont know where to stay, does anyone know is it better to rent a house or try do a house swap? look forward to keeping intouch with you Lesley

Hey karen, thanks for replying. Ive never been to SA or Adelaide but I have been to an Area near Perth in WA for the last 3 Christmas and New Years on holiday. All my friends are in WA but due to WA taking hairdressers off their SMP I wasnt eligble for that area. I've been tryin for so long I'm not gonna give up so hence why I'm havin to head to Adelaide solo. I've done a some research and feel that Glenelg, Henley or Brighton looks like nice areas for me. If you ask people on here with families they will advise you of the best areas. I think I'm gonna look for a house share to start with just so that I can try and meet new people my age. You will love Australia ( I did !!!!) Defoo keep in touch as its nice to share experiences etc together.good luck with your process :-)

Guest coling_uk

Hi Lesley

Join the club, I emigrated alone and arrived last Monday 16th May. So far the company I work for have sorted an apartment for a month but meeting with some Poms here in Adelaide, I get varying advice about where to live, but thankfully the three places you've mentioned are the ones I've been advised to look at.

Still getting over jet lag, but the place is lovely to walk around in the morning. Once you get over here, or if you are already get intouch.

It seems there is a night life and the clubs and bars look inviting. The one thing I've been told to look out for is that public transport is good, but when it's poor it's really poor and not everywhere is equally serviced so unless you've already accounted for a car it'll be something to think about.

All the best

Colin

Guest Lesley F

hi colin,thanks for the reply i sent u a PM did u receive it??? I think my messages are playin up!!!

let me know and if not i'll reply properly again lol :-)