Guest The Reeds

Advice needed from teachers

Guest The Reeds

Hi all can't wait to quit the treadmill of UK teaching. Please tell me the workload is lighter for teachers in Oz...

Can anyone who is already teaching in SA tell me whether I should bother bringing much in the way of resources? Ive got a whole room full of stuff but don't know how much of it will be relevant to the Australian curriculum. Don' t really want to play to ship it then find out its no good.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Carole

Guest Ryan T. Lion

Hi

We're heading out on a 457 visa in August and my wife is looking to do a little supply (or the equivalent) as and when re-settling and our 2 year old allows!

She has sent an email to the right people (we think) and is digging out her certificates (qualified in 2000)

I'll keep an eye on your thread!

Ryan

Hi all can't wait to quit the treadmill of UK teaching. Please tell me the workload is lighter for teachers in Oz...

Can anyone who is already teaching in SA tell me whether I should bother bringing much in the way of resources? Ive got a whole room full of stuff but don't know how much of it will be relevant to the Australian curriculum. Don' t really want to play to ship it then find out its no good.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Carole

My advice is bring everything. If you have multiple copies of sheets, just bring one. There maybe some things that seem obvious to leave, but bring as much as you can.

Teaching load will probably depend on where you teach.

All the best,

Cooler

Wow, you might be the first teacher I have ever encountered that isn't the world's worst hoarder!! Prepared to leave stuff behind??!!!!!

My parents are retired, and still they keep it all.

:notworthy:

Wow, you might be the first teacher I have ever encountered that isn't the world's worst hoarder!! Prepared to leave stuff behind??!!!!!

My parents are retired, and still they keep it all.

:notworthy:

:biglaugh:

Cooler

Guest Becster19

I trained as a teacher in New Zealand and came back to the UK for a while and am hoping to be in Adelaide next year and I will be taking all my resources with me. I always use things here from when I was teaching in New Zealand. There is always overlap. To save save transporting lots of paper I scanned a lot of stuff in and saved onto a memory stick. What do you teach?

I trained as a teacher in New Zealand and came back to the UK for a while and am hoping to be in Adelaide next year and I will be taking all my resources with me. I always use things here from when I was teaching in New Zealand. There is always overlap. To save save transporting lots of paper I scanned a lot of stuff in and saved onto a memory stick. What do you teach?

Are you aksing me?

If so, teach secondary/high school - maths,science, IT and have been know to teach PE!

Cooler

Guest Becster19

Im interested in all teachers and how they are getting on in Adelaide. Its interesting to know how teachers find teaching in schools there compared to the UK. Im a secondary teacher, originally trained in history and social studies but since coming back to the UK I have been working in SEN mainly behaviour based. Even then, I have still used some of my mainstream NZ resources, with a little adapting though to be fair.:)