Sign in to follow this  
Guest chickeni

Timescale for registering your arrival on 176 visa

Guest chickeni

Hi all,

We are hoping to receive our 176 visa any day/week now and in trying to plan our move I have a question. Does anyone know for sure the timescale in which you have to register with Immigration SA after arriving in Oz when you have received State Sponsorship and received a subclass 176? I am fairly sure I saw something that said within 2 weeks but can't find it now!

We are planning to fly into Perth initially - spend a week or 2 on holiday there then fly to Adelaide after that. I just want to be sure we don't break any rules about arriving in Oz and would appreciate any links to information etc.

Thanks in advance

Sarah

Guest vaskoka

However, if your visa is granted by DIAC, as you have been sponsored by South Australia, you are required to register your arrival in South Australia via the South Australia, Make the Move website within 14 days of your arrival in South Australia - http://www.migration.sa.gov.au/sa/once_youre_here/register_online.jsp

You are reminded that this Sponsorship is being granted based on your Declaration that you will migrate to and live in South Australia for at least two years and that you will keep Immigration SA informed of your arrival and contact details during that period.

Guest chickeni
    However, if your visa is granted by DIAC, as you have been sponsored by South Australia, you are required to register your arrival in South Australia via the South Australia, Make the Move website within 14 days of your arrival in South Australia - http://www.migration.sa.gov.au/sa/once_youre_here/register_online.jsp

You are reminded that this Sponsorship is being granted based on your Declaration that you will migrate to and live in South Australia for at least two years and that you will keep Immigration SA informed of your arrival and contact details during that period.

I knew I'd seen it somewhere!

Thank you very much!

Sarah

Guest vaskoka

Hi chickeni

You have a nice idea, I asked my agent is it possible to land in Sydney and stay there for two or three weeks but she told me that first of all I have to check in at the migration in SA, she also said I can land at the Sydney airport or other Australian airport but I can't leave the airport

That was what she told me, if you have some other information please post it because most of my friends and cousins live in Sydney

Guest chickeni
    Hi chickeni

You have a nice idea, I asked my agent is it possible to land in Sydney and stay there for two or three weeks but she told me that first of all I have to check in at the migration in SA, she also said I can land at the Sydney airport or other Australian airport but I can't leave the airport

That was what she told me, if you have some other information please post it because most of my friends and cousins live in Sydney

Hi,

I'm suprised if that's the case to be honest but I will check the visa conditions when I get it! And will post here to confirm. If that is true they must clearly state that as a condition of the visa - I have seen other posts where people have travelled around while waiting for shipping to arrive etc and have never heard of this before.

Let's hope your agent is wrong!

Sarah

Guest vaskoka
    Hi,

I'm suprised if that's the case to be honest but I will check the visa conditions when I get it! And will post here to confirm. If that is true they must clearly state that as a condition of the visa - I have seen other posts where people have travelled around while waiting for shipping to arrive etc and have never heard of this before.

Let's hope your agent is wrong!

Sarah

Let's hope, and please post it here. because as far as I can see your visa will be granted any moment:)

Good luck to every one of us