Guest philnjulie

Passport Renewal

Guest philnjulie

Hi All,

Could Anyone Tell Us How To Renew Our Uk Passports Over Here In Oz,

And Where Do We Get The Necessary Forms From, Do We Have To Post Them Back To The Uk Or Not

Cheers Phil

Guest BJF

You fill out all the forms, include two passport photo's (just like in UK) then mail it all, including old passprt to Canberra.

http://bhc.britaus.net/Passports/passportsdefault.asp?id=79

Gotta get mine done in New year, also gonna apply for Aussie citizanship in New Year so I don't have to pay to have my visa transferred to New British passport. Hopefully my citizenship will come through in time for me to then apply for an Aussie passport for my visit home next June.

I've been told by both passport office in Canberra and by DIMIA it's easier to leave Oz and enter UK on a British passport then leave UK and enter Oz on my Aussie passport, that way I don't need to queue in the immagration line of either country.

Guest Trakki

I've been told by both passport office in Canberra and by DIMIA it's easier to leave Oz and enter UK on a British passport then leave UK and enter Oz on my Aussie passport, that way I don't need to queue in the immagration line of either country.

That's what a friend of ours does, they emigrated 25 years ago and onljust got citizenship so her last visit here was the first one with an Aussie passport but she said it was so much easier entering UK on British passport and then entering Oz on Ozzie passport.

Guest sarahsmartiepants

When you get your new UK passport you dont have to pay to get the visa put in you can just carry both passports (the one with the visa in it)

sarah

Guest BJF
    When you get your new UK passport you dont have to pay to get the visa put in you can just carry both passports (the one with the visa in it)

sarah

I was told by DIMIA that yes that can be done but it can cause delay's at immigration. The cost of transferring the visa from old passport to new is about the same as the cost of Citizenship. My visa is a permenant entry/residence visa so if I wasn't going for citizenship (which I could have done 12 months ago) then I'd rather have my visa in a valid passport.

Guest sarahsmartiepants
    I was told by DIMIA that yes that can be done but it can cause delay's at immigration. The cost of transferring the visa from old passport to new is about the same as the cost of Citizenship. My visa is a permenant entry/residence visa so if I wasn't going for citizenship (which I could have done 12 months ago) then I'd rather have my visa in a valid passport.
    Yes If I wasnt going for citizenship I would put it in the new one, but we are due in march and son is off to uni, so it will be full steam ahead for citizenship for us. Not much chance of any of us going to the Uk in the forseeable future ATM anyway!

sarah

Guest BJF

Wendy,

This is the only info I can find on transferring the visa, (presuming it is a PR visa), hope it helps.

Five Year Resident Return Visa (Subclass 155)

http://www.immi.gov.au/migrants/residents/155/index.htm

STEP ONE

There is a link to costs are near the bottom of the page $120. for a five year Residence return visa but it also says cost of replacement evidence visa is $60. I'm not sure which cost we would have to pay or if we'd have to pay both costs.

STEP 2

This visa lasts up to five years from the date of grant. After this time, you must obtain another Resident Return visa if you want to continue travelling to and from Australia as a permanent resident.

BF111 visa labels

The BF111 visa label remains valid indefinitely provided you:

• return to Australia within three (3) years of each departure
    • are not granted another substantive visa (other than an ETA or border visa)
    • are not granted citizenship.

Important: If you change your passport while you hold a BF111 you will need to advise the department to link the BF111 to your new passport. This will ensure you do not experience difficulties boarding flights bound for Australia or delays entering Australia.

Obtaining a BF111 visa label

To have a BF111 visa label placed into your current passport, you must visit a departmental office.