Guest moonraker1959

New Show to Watch (UK)

Guest moonraker1959

Just thought I would post this info for those interested.Just saw a very short preview for a show called "Poms In Paradise"From what I could gather its a doco type show on how well/bad brits have faired by moving to Australia.Should make interesting viewing!!!I think its on next week,Wednesday ITV 1 at 7.30pm.

Just thought I would post this info for those interested.Just saw a very short preview for a show called "Poms In Paradise"From what I could gather its a doco type show on how well/bad brits have faired by moving to Australia.Should make interesting viewing!!!I think its on next week,Wednesday ITV 1 at 7.30pm.

Its on tomorrow

Guest moonraker1959
    Its on tomorrow

Yes you're right,I've just seen the promo again.Its on for 8 weeks.

Guest hughescl
    So what was the verdict on new show!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I thought it was rubbish.

I thought it was rubbish also Claire x

Guest helene73

Absolute rubbish I was hoping a croc would jump out that river and eat that annoying women!! Hehehe ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guest teamV
    Absolute rubbish I was hoping a croc would jump out that river and eat that annoying women!! Hehehe ;)

I think we all were:D

Guest garlic--bread

:D Me too she was really annoying, her voice was bugging me (aaarrggghhh) and if anyone had a body like hers you just wouldn't want it on show on prime time tv like that, she loved herself quite a bit! I was quite disappointed with the show to be honest.

Guest moonraker1959

Yes I found the womans voice quite strange/annoying!She sounded like Kath and Kim when they're doing the department store scene!:biglaugh:As for her OH?When asked by the "host"whilst sat on a beach what would they of been doing had they stayed in the UK on a Sunday avvo?Quote:We would of spent the afternoon at our local working mans club"Yeah very exciting stuff!If thats all they could think of to do,they're probably the type of people who spend a week getting blotto in Malaga!:cute:

If thats all they could think of to do,they're probably the type of people who spend a week getting blotto in Malaga!:cute:

Er, think I once spent a fortnight getting drunk in Malaga! :D

Jim

Guest helene73
    Sounds like us down under didnt miss much......

HG

You certainly did'nt :)

Guest The Standalofts

Thank goodness we weren’t the only ones that thought it was rubbish – have to admit though I have set the reminder to watch the rest of them (in the hope it gets better)!

Lesley

Guest Viksta

Me and OH also thought it was rubbish!! We were really looking forward to it too! My hubby couldn't bare that woman's voice either, very strange!!

Still will prob watch the next ones!!

Me and OH also thought it was rubbish!! We were really looking forward to it too! My hubby couldn't bare that woman's voice either, very strange!!

Still will prob watch the next ones!!

We missed out on this....

I still havnt been able to watch UK telly via my Mac laptop !!

Have tried various things, but the only downloads I can find either dont work on Mac or put add stuff on my computer that I dont like !!

Does any one have any easy idiot proof steps of what and how to do it please ????

Thanks

Lynne

PS also do have a spare windows laptop that could get going and hook up to a tv to watch uk tv, maybe ??

Guest moonraker1959
    Er, think I once spent a fortnight getting drunk in Malaga! :D

Jim

Well if you only did it the once,we'll let you off!:cute:

It's no good i've watched the first two episodes and i just can't get into it at all, it must be bad for me 'cos usually i save them to watch over and over, maybe 3rd time lucky, it might get better or is it just me?

Guest Adelaide_bound
    It's no good i've watched the first two episodes and i just can't get into it at all, it must be bad for me 'cos usually i save them to watch over and over, maybe 3rd time lucky, it might get better or is it just me?

We just like watching things like this for the backgrounds - there seems to be very little shown on UK tv about Australia, or set in Australia, and just watching things in the background can be very telling imho (just like in the Wanted Down Under series) - what clothes are people wearing? How many/what sort of cars on the road - what are the roads like? What are the shops like, are there many people in them? Can you see prices at all on signage - what are the prices like? What about the insides of the houses, how are the laid out, etc etc etc - all the little things that in a way don't matter, but help just give you an idea of what its like now (and help to get excited about the move all over again lol).

Guest moonraker1959
    We just like watching things like this for the backgrounds - there seems to be very little shown on UK tv about Australia, or set in Australia, and just watching things in the background can be very telling imho (just like in the Wanted Down Under series) - what clothes are people wearing? How many/what sort of cars on the road - what are the roads like? What are the shops like, are there many people in them? Can you see prices at all on signage - what are the prices like? What about the insides of the houses, how are the laid out, etc etc etc - all the little things that in a way don't matter, but help just give you an idea of what its like now (and help to get excited about the move all over again lol).

Sorry Adelaide_bound,but Wanted Down Under is about as realistic to the average person as watching "Escape to the Country"I often say to people if aussies were being enticed to emigrate to "Up Over"and they were watching Escape to the Country"would that be real life UK for alot of of Poms?I don't think so!I've watched probably 3 episodes of WDU,and it was very cringworthy in my opinion.

Guest Adelaide_bound
    Sorry Adelaide_bound,but Wanted Down Under is about as realistic to the average person as watching "Escape to the Country

...exactly - thats why we only watch them for the background stuff - the stuff they *don't* present in the programme, but you can see in the background of the shots - ie if they are doing a link piece on a shopping street, instead of watching the presenter and listening to what they are saying, watching the 'everyday' people in the background, and seeing what you can see, or when they are on the beach talking about x/y/z having a look at the other people on the beach (are they with children, or dogs, or couples, or groups of people? etc etc).

IMHO, thats the worth of those programmes, just seeing the bits you would be able to see with your own eyes if you were there, just without the £1000 plane fare....

Guest moonraker1959

Hard to imagine that my parents emigrated to Adelaide in 1970 and all they had was a 2 page brochure!Mind you maybe going in blind as it were might of been the best option.No expections as such,just the reality of what is!

Guest Adelaide_bound
    Hard to imagine that my parents emigrated to Adelaide in 1970 and all they had was a 2 page brochure!Mind you maybe going in blind as it were might of been the best option.No expections as such,just the reality of what is!

Yeah, not such a bad thing I think - its just nice to get excited about it (even if it is a year or so off still for us lol) - I imagine they have seen things change quite a bit over the last 40 years - hope not far far too much though!