jodipodi

Booking holiday for expectant baby?

Hi all, Ive just joined here and would love it if anyone could help me out on this one...Im currently pregnant with child number 3,:cute: it is very early days but hopefully all going well we will be a family of 5 in beginning of Jan next year. What Im wondering is this- we are planning on going out to Adelaide in April, can I 'pre-book' our reccie holiday including 'number 3' or does 'number 3' actually have to be here already to book him/her onto a flight ? ( like for passenger names etc??) I know Im going to probably have to check with airline at some point but if anyone has experience of this can you give me an idea please?

You have to have a name for the ticket. We came when DS1 was 4mths to see family but had to wait till he was born. You'll need a passport too but i can't remember if you have to have the passport first either.

Bugger. Thought we might be able to book it on the basis of a surname as in 'infant blah blah...' Going to be cutting it fine in Jan to go in April :( Can I ask did you have to do it because you booked baby a seat for themselves- just because Im planning on just a basinette in front of my seat if you think that will make any difference to neeeding names etc?

I would phone the airline and see what they say. It could be you can book the seats for the rest of you and then add baby once he's born as he doesn't need an extra seat.