Chistmas Lights.

Guest banjo70

Guest banjo70

Hi, Does anyone have any good tips on houses decorated with Christmas lights? I know The Advertiser had a list in it today, but it's pretty hit and miss, there's no mention of some good one's at Sandpiper Terrace, Hallett Cove. They mentioned a street in Paradise that wasn't worth getting put of car for.

Having said that best one was at The Lane, O'Halloran Hill.

Guest Guzzler&Sas
Hi, Does anyone have any good tips on houses decorated with Christmas lights? I know The Advertiser had a list in it today, but it's pretty hit and miss, there's no mention of some good one's at Sandpiper Terrace, Hallett Cove. They mentioned a street in Paradise that wasn't worth getting put of car for.

The guy in O'Halloran Hill won the best decorated house in a nationwide competition last year, try going down Dorrien Avenue in Woodcroft, brilliant last year although not been there yet this year.

Guzzler

Guest melissa and darren

Hi - we were in Adelaide last Christmas and my rellies took us up in the hills to a place where whole roads of houses were decked out. There was some sort of event made out of it with hotdog stands and candy floss and an indoor xmas fair in a hall, but l can't remember the name of the place. Beware though it was completely jammed with cars trying to see the lights and most sensible people had dumped their cars and were walking around, we were stuck in the traffic for two hours!!

Will ask my aunt the name of the place

Melissa

Guest sarahsmartiepants
Hi - we were in Adelaide last Christmas and my rellies took us up in the hills to a place where whole roads of houses were decked out. There was some sort of event made out of it with hotdog stands and candy floss and an indoor xmas fair in a hall, but l can't remember the name of the place. Beware though it was completely jammed with cars trying to see the lights and most sensible people had dumped their cars and were walking around, we were stuck in the traffic for two hours!!

Will ask my aunt the name of the place

Melissa

Probably Lobethal, they have an event each year, and it gets busy. Not been as kids too big too be interested:nah:.

sarah

Yes this would have Lobethal, which is past Hahndorf. This is the place to visit to see Christmas lights, went with my Grandchildren 3 years ago, and there were lights everywhere. I believe many of the people get grants to help pay for the electric!!.

One warning, allow plenty of time as the roads get very congested, and if you dont go quite early will probably have to queue to get there, as most of Adelaide visit at some time or other.