Sign in to follow this  
Guest dglamoore

Guest dglamoore

Hi Karen

Welcome to the forum :lol: When are you moving to Adelaide and lucky you having a job already :lol:

Lisa

Guest Thorpes

Hi Lisa,

Hoping to be gone by the end of the year. Dont have a fixed job but trying to get in through the South Australia Police. I am a Police Officer in the Met and have just applied (again). Applied last year, passed entrance exam and just before interview hubby got cold feet. really glad in a way as we have now finished renovating our house and had it valued. Now he is raring to go as are the kids so its full steam ahead. Dont think I will have to do exam again should just have interview at end of May and be in. There is the small question of the physical too but in for a penny LOL

Already have a friend who got in last year and LOVES it so I feel like I have an inner to tell me all about it.

Karen

Hi and welcome to the site :D

Fingers crossed you won't need to do the exam again. Know a few guys from work who moved to SA Police last year seem to be doing fine although they said the police college was a bit dated!

Anyway good luck

Lea

Guest Thorpes

Hi Lea,

I must say I would not be looking forward to going back to 'The Academy'. 14 years service over here and I've been a DC for 3 years so not used to wearing the uniform either. Am taking the Sergeants exam next month to top it all (registered before I realised SA were recruiting again). Dont want to put all my eggs in one basket just in case. Still it seems to be the only way over for us. Hubby is actually a qualified mechanic but has been out of it for the last 15 years and been working as a civillian for the Police so probably would not get enough points that way....I suppose it doesn't matter how you get in as long as you do. Have meany people visited Oz before taking the plunge????

Karen

Guest dglamoore
    Have meany people visited Oz before taking the plunge????

Karen

Not us - first time in Oz will be 28th April when we arrive to live :lol:

Best of luck for your application and hope it all goes well for you :D

Lisa

Guest Guest75
    Hi everyone.................I have just found this forum. I'm in a bit of a different situation but still thinking about moving with my family to Adelaide.....Why Adelaide, because thats where the job is. I am soooooooo excited but also scared of wanting it too much. Currently living in Surrey but fed up with the weather LOL

Karen

Hi Karen

Welcome to the forum.

Yup,it is a scary and hard thing to move here.

Worth it for us - I'm never going back!

Guest Thorpes

Hi Tyke,

Hubby and I travelled Oz in 1996 for 3 months. Did Darwin, Alice Springs, Cairns, Sydney, Melbourne, Canberra but never got to Adelaide so it will be a new adventure. I have been wanting to move since then but what really did it for me was bringing the girls over for Christmas 2005. Met up with some Aussies we met while travelling and saw their kids for the first time. Applied lat year to SAPOL but hubby got cold feet. Glad he did really coz we've now finished the house and should be able to move over mortgage free. That will mean the girls can have their horse!!!!!! My mum is OK about it but we haven't told hubby's parents yet!!

Looking forward to the good life xx

Guest donna T

Hi Karen

Welcome to this site.

We both had been to Oz before but a long long time ago when we were footloose and fancy free (and didn't know each other) so a very different experience in store for us now I think :D

Good luck telling the in-laws - I hated that bit although I don;t think they ever thought we would actually do it and here we are with 1 week to go :!:

Good luck and I hope you don't have to re-test

Donna