The inaugural 'See you, see me?" Scottish meet up

Guest Squareman

Guest Squareman

Nae chance of that happening! Was just hoping someone would either passify my concern or suggest an alternative LOL

Bevvy is compulsory at any scottish gathering!

Guest Squareman

Right...........

I've done a bit of 'research' and these are my suggestions.

I don't think its a good idea to use the original venue (Ripley Reserve) It's officially a dry zone and while inspectors may overlook a man and his wife enjoying a glass of wine at the barbie, they may not be able to turn a blind eye to a group of (potentially) 25 people doing the same thing. I don't know about you, but my residency application will be submitted soon and I am not keen on doing anything to jeapardise it! LOL

If you all agree with this, then I propose we do one of the following:

- Meet at a pub and just have a few drinks. The Dublin Pub is nice, but it doesn't have a kiddies area. There are several people, myself included, who will be bringing kids. An alternative could be the Bay Conference Centre (The Gliderol Stadium on Brighton Road.) It has a nice bar, great food and is kiddie friendly. The LifeSaver's club could be another option? Not sure how kiddie friendly it is.

- Meet at another reserve e.g. Old Gum Tree Reserve - this is in Glenelg on MacFarlane Street and is a great park. I don't think its a dry zone. Very kiddie friendly. If someone has a portable gas barbie, I'd be happy to supply the gas. We'd need to bring chairs/tables though and it rains, we're scoobied.

If anyone has any other suggestions, please post them.

Guest guest1255

probably depends on weather, if its not raining then the old gum tree reserve....if it is then the bay.

wots every1 else's opinion ?

Well if the pub does,nt allow kiddies theres no point even going there as i imagine there will be lots of families like my self who have kidz, your plan B seems a better idea the forecast is to be overcast but dry, & if people bring along gazebos , shelters , etc, im sure there will be enough cover in the event of the wet stuff for all to stay dry !!!!! And of coarse we are all Scottish or other uk folks so a wee bit of the wet stuff aint going to hurt us . am sure we all have been @ a wet UK barbie before. LOL. Decisions to be made soon please, . Thanx

Guest Squareman

The dublin pub isnt kid friendly but the Bay is. The gum tree also has a covered area although it isnt hugely affective. I vote for a barbie at the gum tree