Guest boesman

Distance

Guest boesman

Hi, this would be a question for folks living in Adelaide. How long does it take, roughly, to drive from Aldinga beach to Adelaide CBD, not in peak traffic)? On a map it looks close, but I know in reality it could be hours?????:huh:

Boesman

google maps reckons 50 minutes if you use the freeway- but allow at least that if you travel at peak hour, probably more.

Do bear in mind also that an hour's drive in and around Adelaide could be very bad for both your blood pressure and your wallet due to (a) the standard of the other drivers on the roads and (b) the revenue raisers hiding in bushes at bottoms of hills!!!

A good tool for distances/times is either the RAA website route planner http://www.raa.com.au/maps/ or the Home2Home suburbs database, searchable by time from CBD http://www.h2h.com.au/Database%20Welcome.html

HTH

Guest boesman

We thought of getting a pajero too, but the engines in Aus seem alot bigger than in the UK. It seems hard to find an engine smaller than 3L in oz, but a lot of 4x4's in UK are still around the 2,5l which does make a big diff if you drive it everyday. BTW, are sharans and galaxies common in Oz? sorry for all the questions, just like to have an idea and saving up for the future.

Guest guest3462

Rich works in the CBD at the RAH and travels from Aldinga Beach every day. With the expressway on his side it takes around 50 minutes if there are no accidents and around an hour if the expressway is going the wrong way. (The southern expressway is a one way motorway that closes in the middle of the day and changes direction!!)

He drives a ford focus and spends around $55 a week on fuel.

He doesn't mind the drive, it gives him some quiet time away from the kids!!!

Guest Squareman

Are u from the UK originally, Boesman? Am just commenting on your name....

Guest Catherine & Leigh

hi,

I live in Woodville south (western side, between the city and the beach) but last time I think Aldinga to the city took me 30mins or so.

As you're looking at heading south of the city you need to be aware that there is a freeway from the city south but it's a ONE-WAY road so depending on the time of day you're looking at traveling you might be able to get on it, which is a quick trip, and if not, the trip will be about 20 mins longer or so depending on traffic.

I hope that helps.

PS - Freeway is open for traffic heading into the city (south heading north) in the mornings Mon-Fri and then open to traffic heading out of the city (north to south) in the afternoons.

Sorry I don't know exact times

Catherine

Guest liotis

I drive from hallett cove (a bit closer) and its 45 minutes on a bad traffic day from here. 20 - 30 mins without traffic.

Guest El Tel

Off peak 45 minutes,but in peak trafffic can be an hour and 15 easy.

My fuel for Pajero is up around $120 a week..ouch.....gotta get a job closer and saving the fule could even take a wage cut....

HG

Woohoo now got a job in Lonsdale..20 mins to work and save heaps on fuel....result;)

HG