Guest abbiedog

jobs for metal machinist .any information?

Guest abbiedog

hi,

we have our visa passed on my husbands job as a metal machinist. His job title in the U/K is a manufacturing engineer. His roles include cad/cam and cnc programme/operator. He is also a trained cad modeller/tool designer, and trained CMM programmer.

anyone know what the job opportunites are like in and around Adelaide.

we have to stay in south Australia aswe have state sponsorship after a three year wait.

Thanks

jenny, Patrick Olivia and benjamin.

Guest guest7008

Hi, sorry for jumping on this thread, but my O/H is also a Metal Machinist, looking to relocate later this year, from research we have done, most of the work is in the North? Is that right? Any info/advice you could give would be very appreciated Cheers Helen

Manufacturing not all that hot in Adelaide generally, but what there is is mostly to the north of the city. When you arrive, try not to limit your opportunities by basing yourself too far away, as there is a lot of competition for any jobs in manufacturing here.

Sorry to be negative, but my husband has spent nearly 30 years working in various manufacturing engineering jobs, both in the UK and here, was made redundant here a few years ago now and has had to change career to keep on working (and supporting me and the kids!!)

Guest guest7008

hi there- just updating this thread - we coming our early 2012 after the xmas season of festivities :) how is the engineering at mo ? Has it picked up - many jobs out there - o/h at mo working in aerospace - cheers for any info x

If you wanna work in the north of Adelaide its not bad anywhere else is very very quiet....there are quite a few companies advertising aroung Regency Park, Para Hills etc etc....anything south of the cty is pretty dead...i should know i an currently outta work...and its very very hard to find summat....

Good luck...

HG

Hi, get yourself enroled on all the various recruitment sites as most of them send daily emails with job vacancies. I've been here 6 months now and cnc machinists come up quite frequently on my seek emails. I would agree that most jobs are nothern based but i used to travel from Port Noarlunga to Royal Park to go to work and its not that bad. Keep looking there will be something out there, Good Luck.

Andrew

If you wanna work in the north of Adelaide its not bad anywhere else is very very quiet....there are quite a few companies advertising aroung Regency Park, Para Hills etc etc....anything south of the cty is pretty dead...i should know i an currently outta work...and its very very hard to find summat....

Good luck...

HG

Hope you are able to find something soon HG.

Guest guest7008

Thanks all - we realise that most of the work is in the North and are prepared to live up that way - there are some beautiful places in the North. I have got some companies saved in our contacts for when we arrive that are advertising so fingers crossed for us all.

Thanks again!!