Guest Guest5035

Is Adelaide racist??

Whe in Rome do as the Romans do....

HG

Well in that case I'll raise a glass, and another, and another, and another, and another, and another, and another, and another, and another,

and take a gamble that the refugees will make much better neighbours than the scum of the earth bogans who ruin this country.

Sent from the scratty old sofa on my front porch :jimlad:

Why does everyone who decides to live in another place want everyone to bend over backwards to help them. Not enough halal or schools, well go bloody home then.,

What next, eskimo's moving here demanding snow!!!!!

Guest lastboyscout

What next, eskimo's moving here demanding snow!!!!!

Nah English coming over and demanding Marks & Spencers and Next deliver to Oz :biglaugh::biglaugh:

Watch the abuse I get now ;):biglaugh:

Guest moonraker1959
    totally agree HG;

Many of us newbies to Australia are not entitled to dole (for 2 years), have to contribute to the system to qualify for healthcare......and are EXPECTED to to pay some sum for educating our children, getting dental treatment etc etc.

I feel for assylum seekers, the poor unfortunates who are genuinely tormented in the home countries and agree that we can and should help those less fortunate....just not to the detriment of the nation!

Colour, religion, and race are not issues here, until migrants make so...........

I believe that there is an element of Xenophobia (not xenonphobia!) in any walk of life; it is not particular to Adelaide, Australia, Merseyside or or any other place you care to mention.

The fact that certain groups are demanding special consideration only serves to agitate the masses.........

The sad reality is: the minute a person disagrees with ANY immigrant from any creed, colour, social level.....they are labelled as BIGOTS.....and I for 1 had enough of that in the (y)UK...........thats partly why i came here.

Regards

Jane

And did you manage to escape it?

Guest Ryan T. Lion
    For the answer in the title, Yes. I agree with the answers regarding you want it, you pay for it and don't inflict on others.

Would be good to see more effort from those against all this to be against the gun crime / culture in Adelaide alone, practically every day a report of someone being shot/killed in and around Adelaide. It costs more for this than the Islam schools request .........A persons LIFE !

Really? Someone gets shot every day in Adelaide?

Screw that, I'm staying here then.

(screw isn't a swear word)

Guest Guest5035

You obviously didn't read my thread on murders did you in Barbie section. We had a few lasrt month..

Stevo

Guest Ryan T. Lion

Ah. We had a 'serial killer' in York a few years back, and that poor lady chef has been missing ages....... But really it's a lovely leafy cathedral city with good schools and posher chavs than most other Northern cities.

Nasty people have to show up somewhere - but I don't think it's a reflection of the city they show up in.

Ah, Moonraker, if only one could escape from bigotry!

There is good and bad in all of us, i believe; sadly there are some with more slanted views, and inbred prejudices than i would like to consider.

The world is shaped by our actions, and for that most nations have apologised for the harsh treatment of indigenous folks................the English to the Sub continentals, The Americans to the Red Indians, The Australians to the Aboriginal ........it is only the begining of repairation!

The fact with Australians is, they BELIEVE in their country, they want to protect what generations have faught and died to provide for the future; they have witnessed, albeit from afar the issues that other countries have incurred with migrant peoples not willing or able to contribute, and DEMANDING to be facilitated with preference.

Jane

..................unlike those who want sharia law imposed, not just included!

....really??

Guest Squareman

Suzer is clearly the custodian of political correctness on this board! Hehe

I dont know how to quote multiple people on her so will just waffle from one point to the next.

As a tax payer i would have a major problem if the state or fedral government decided to spend my $$ to pay for private schools open only to selected groups of people. As an agnostic i couldn't care less if that group was Muslim, Christian, Jewish, Hindu, Jedi knight or any other denomination. The democracy here in Australia has to be fair and just to all, affording one religious group access to tax payers money over others isn't fair or just and certainly does not encourage intergration into Australian society.

My thoughts echo others, if you don't like it ... leave, which is exactly what we would have done had that been the case. Some countries are discrimintated against here in Aus thats true, but perhaps not in the same ways, ask an ex Pat how hard it was for them to get here, how much it cost and what they had to do to prove their worthiness, the process should be the same for everyone with exception only to genuine asylum seekers, ones that would be persicuted in their homelands.

Guest needtogonow

That makes two of us then and I am proud of it!

Instead of being negative and banging on about immigration why don't you go and look for the positives that ethnic diversity can bring to this wonderful country?

Instead of being negative and banging on about immigration why don't you go and look for the positives that ethnic diversity can bring to this wonderful country?

yes.every town needs a curry house

I dont think this post was about ethnic diversity, but on segregation, that some feel is necessary for thier religion or for followers of their religion

the positives of segregation, hmm lets see... yes it leads to suspicion, causes greater divide and discrimination.

Guest lastboyscout
    I dont know how to quote multiple people on her so will just waffle from one point to the next.

As a tax payer i would have a major problem if the state or fedral government decided to spend my $$ to pay for private schools open only to selected groups of people. As an agnostic i couldn't care less if that group was Muslim, Christian, Jewish, Hindu, Jedi knight or any other denomination.

I`m going back to school then if you get a free light sabre !!!!:biglaugh:

Guest needtogonow
    I dont think this post was about ethnic diversity, but on segregation, that some feel is necessary for thier religion or for followers of their religion

the positives of segregation, hmm lets see... yes it leads to suspicion, causes greater divide and discrimination.

Maybe not, but many of the posts written on here lately all go back to one aspect!

Also perhaps people should not believe everything that is written in a newspaper they are well known to be powerful propaganda tools!

Guest Squareman

Needtogonow, what experience to you have of living in an "ethnically diverse' country?

it's more than politically incorrect to call someone a - dear lord people, come on!

Well said.

You know - the one benefit of speaking boldly on-line is that you very quickly figure out who you would, and definitely wouldn't, get on with in real life.

Guest Guest5035
    it's more than politically incorrect to call someone a - dear lord people, come on!

i prefer:D but get told off, so i guess is ok

stevo

Guest Guest5035
    Well said.

You know - the one benefit of speaking boldly on-line is that you very quickly figure out who you would, and definitely wouldn't, get on with in real life.

:biglaugh::biglaugh:

stevo

Guest Squareman

Really Suzer? I am scottish. If someone called me a jock-strap or poked fun at the Scots' wearing of kilts, would you be equally offended?

Really Suzer? I am scottish. If someone called me a jock-strap or poked fun at the Scots' wearing of kilts, would you be equally offended?

Don't understand the jock-strap ref, but perhaps that's because I'm a seppo;)

Guest needtogonow
    Really Suzer? I am scottish. If someone called me a jock-strap or poked fun at the Scots' wearing of kilts, would you be equally offended?[/quote

That's not a good enough excuse ;)