roscoand teri

Moving to SA soon

Hey everyone, we are just new to this site, we have just got our visa,s and are in the process of getting ready for the big move.

Just wanted to know a coupel of things, is it a good idea to take over electrical equipment such as computer printer ,hair, dryer etc, am i right in thinking that they will work fine with one of those adpters from uk to australian plugs.

Also can any1 recommend a good shipping company , we are going from the Highlands in Scotland to Adelaide.

Any info would be much appreciated. Thanks

Guest helene73
    Hey everyone, we are just new to this site, we have just got our visa,s and are in the process of getting ready for the big move.

Just wanted to know a coupel of things, is it a good idea to take over electrical equipment such as computer printer ,hair, dryer etc, am i right in thinking that they will work fine with one of those adpters from uk to australian plugs.

Also can any1 recommend a good shipping company , we are going from the Highlands in Scotland to Adelaide.

Hi guys and welcome to PIA :)

I know you should take a few 4 gangs then you only need one adaptor plug for each 4 gang!!!

From what I read on here your electrical goods should be ok.

Have a search through the threads and see what companies others are using there is a lot of info on here plus there is a thread for people who have been granted visa's join that and others will give you ideas on who to use.

Good luck with your move and I hope this helps!!! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guest moviemummy

Wecome!

We have used Anglo Pacific, had a few wee problems but then I think that is the case with all companies???

They were the middle range price wise but had better tie in companies, or so my OH says!

Good luck with your move, where are you hoping to go to?

L x :)

Guest hughescl

Hi and welcome

We are using Crown Relocations overall price was good as they include customs inspection fee and it's also one company end to end. Claire :)

Hi

If you have a sports direct store near you we got transworld travel adapters for £1.99. As for shipping we are using Doree Bonner they gave a really good quote for us.

andy

Guest karyn1

Hello and welcome!

We are also in Scotland (Edinburgh) and have had Anglo Pacific and White and Company give us quote. Anglo - £4200..........White and Co - £3650!! Both exactly the same service........no brainer for me :)

Thanks very much every1 for your speedy replies, much appreciated. Will give those companys a look. We are not sure which part of Adelaide we are going to move to yet but will be close to city as we have friends their and my job is in the area (plumbing).

So all good. Cant wait. Will be nice to be in the sun shine for a change.

Cheers every1.