Sign in to follow this  
Guest Ellie

My Dogs ashes

Guest Ellie

Hi everyone,

An odd question I know but our lovely boy couldn't come out here with us and he stayed in the UK with my parents. He has now gone to pastures new and although we have been here nearly a year our shipping is only just about to leave the UK due to circumstances beyond our control. Now what's the best thing to do with our boys ashes? Do we put him in the shipping or does he travel home with our Son and declare him through customs?

Some may think it crazy I suppose but he's family :sad:

I was told you didn't need to declare if shipping ashes (I plan on bringing my two doglets ashes when we move), just to try to have the cremation paperwork (or vet's bill for it or some such thing) to verify.

However, I know someone on here said they didn't have that sort of thing and simply carried them through when they flew out and had no problems. It would seem customs are well used to ashes being transported in this day and age.

If you search for something like 'dog ashes' you should find the thread where it was discussed.

Guest Ellie
    I went and found the thread as it was easy to find

http://www.pomsinadelaide.com/forum/adelaide-migration-issues/6936-can-you-take-ashes-you.html

Should answer everything for you :)

Thank you so much. My head has been spinning with what to do. Luckily he is in a vase and not a box though I'm told it's quite heavy as he was a big dog. So he will be in my Son's hand luggage. Thank again! :notworthy: