Guest Sarahgillett

moving to Adelaide short term

Guest Sarahgillett

My family and I are moving to adleiade for 6 months from end of July for my husbands job, we ahve 3 kids and are looking for some family friendly accomodation in the eastern suburbs - near good schools and childcare - any ideas?

Hi Sarah, we have just moved to Adelaide and are living in Norwood. We absoloutley love the area. My daughter who is 5 has just started school in reception at Rose park school which is a fantastic school. A lot of schools in this area are great and it is only a 5 min drive, 10 min cycle to the CBD.

Guest Sarahgillett

Ideally furnished but would take unfurnished it appears that furnished seems to be hard to come by!

You're right, furnished rentals are hard to come by- we did find a good one though!

Norwood is nice, close to the city, and has lots of other nice areas around it.

I spoke to a guy who recently retired after 17 years as a teacher at a senior school in Norwood and he couldnt say enough good things about the area and the kids- cant imagine many places that would happen in the UK!

He now runs a successful chocolate shop in Burnside, another nice eastern suburb.

I would say the only downside is the eastern suburbs can be a bit expensive- but you get what you pay for???

Guest Sarahgillett

How did you come across the furnished rental? can you recommend any routes/agents?

Hi,

We got the furnished rental by chance from realestate.com

We were lucky in tha we took a drive past to have a look and the owner was outside and we went and spoke to him. We had contacted the agent to arrange a viewing but they hadn't told him....the agents here are extremely poor...

It's in Henley Beach too which is the western most suburb so no good to you guys.

Keep looking and check out the suburbs mentioned on here so far- and chase up the agents to arrange viewings.

It takes awhile to sort out so you mey want to consider some short term accomodation when you first get here and then sort a rental out from this end- I think you'll struggle sort something from over there.

Good luck.

You can search with the key word "furnished" on http://www.domain.com.au - but sometimes it tries to be too clever and includes "unfurnished" in its results! I know there are a few places rented furnished in and around Norwood, so that's a good starting point anyway!

Hi, and welcome to the eastern burbs!

As stated, once your here, you might not want to leave the area.......i love it here.

I recommend Marryatville primary school, its very good; and Magill primary is another one, both good schools with good pastoral care!

there are many privaye schools in the area, each one listed on the DECS website........

Also try the Advertiser, they often place ads for rentals in there, and you might touch lucky

Regards

Jane