R & H

Medicals to SS 163 Business Visa

Hi, just an update on our visa, we had our medicals on the 31st March and we were advised that subject to no complications (which there wasn't) the visa should be issued after 5 - 6 weeks. Some 7 weeks on we were advised by our CO (via our agent) that it will be another 4-6 weeks. Is there anyone out there that is going or has gone on the SS 163 Business visa that can tell me how long it was before they rec'd their visa's please following their medicals?

Also, as I am 52 years old and my wife is ....er...not quite as old (she might see this thread!) is there anyone else around this age going or indeed went to Oz originally at this age? If so, how did it go?:)

I believe there is a bit of a backlog with meds. We are 163ers and taking our meds at the end of May. It will come. Been to oz before so know the ropes a bit.

Can't see any issues to do with age here apart from the obvious ones!!

Our issue (main applicant 47, me 49) is our sons at 20 and 18. Wish we had done this when they were younger. Now they may not join us it is emotionally much harder. And if they do it will cost a fortune in overseas Uni fees!!

Rock........hard place!!

Just remember that Adelaide is a small place as far as business is concerned, everyone seems to know everyone and no one likes to be told you can do it better than them.

The business culture is very different from the UK - take some time to speak to people and listen carefully to what they say. What line of business are you in??

Hi

Like you we have been to Adelaide a few times, and we have twins both 19, one is coming as a dependant and the other wants to stay in England. We also have a 13 year old daughter, she is one of the other reasons we are going as we believe she will have a better quality of life in Oz. I have a business in the UK, which is another thing we have to decide upon. In Oz we're not sure what we want to invest in at the moment. Once our visa comes through, I will link up with Business SA as they will only put you in touch with businesses for sale / investing in when you get the visa. I met with them last time I was in Adelaide and they were very helpful.

Guest dwethe

just filling in the medical form 26, silly question but do I tick no the question - a non migrating family memeber for our children? I think I tick no.

Sorry to as silly questions.

just filling in the medical form 26, silly question but do I tick no the question - a non migrating family memeber for our children? I think I tick no.

Sorry to as silly questions.

Hi, not a silly question at all, sometimes the questions aren't clear. Looking at this question, we answered 'no' to everything on question 13 (a-f). That's if you intend to take your children with you.... 8>]. Hope this helps?