Guest fatman

State Primary School Recommendations

Guest fatman

Hello everyone... :chatterbox: We are now starting to gather info on schools, could anyone give us any good recommendations for State Primary schools in these areas :

McLaren Vale

Hallett Cove

Flagstaff Hill

Very much appreciated,

Graham, Janis & Sophie Price (Aberdeenshire/Scotland... GALES & RAIN TODAY!!)

Hi, just did a really quick search for mclaren vale primary and came up with a few previous reviews. (didn't look at the others) but from memory there are quite a few threads going back 6-12 months covering most of these areas primary schools. From the top of my head, I haven't heard terrible things about any of the primary schools in the areas you are looking at. I know it is not much help, but you really need to look around when you arrive as people have different hopes and expectations of a school, I chose not to send my children to one of the schools you mention, but it was because, gut feeling, it didn't feel right for me, but I know people who have kids there and are happy with it. It seems to me a bit different here, kids change schools with a fair bit of regularity, so if you don't get it right first time, just change. Occasionally you may find a primary school is zoned, so you may be best waiting to see where you rent/buy to see if you would be in their zone (for example, Craigburn Primary - Flagstaff Hill is picky about where you live)

Best of luck

Guest m.jephcott

Hi, my advice would be to have a look at a few and the areas they are in as each area is different. Our son goes to Flagstaff Hill school and is in his 3rd term, I was not at all impressed in the first term, it was as if because it was the end of the year they didn't need to bother much with him. However last term was brilliant, the teachers seem to have turned him around, previously he had been suffering from poor concentration and minor behaviour problems which have gone. The work he is doing is also better suited to him. I have no problem in sending our daughters there as well. Bear in mind the classes are big, 31 in Williams class. Seems to be a lot of extra activities for those in year 5 and above and there is before and after school care and hoilday care. There are also many british families at the school around 5/6 others are british in my sons class.

Do have a look around the surrounding areas to these as well.