Guest The Standrings

Solar Training Uk -Yes or No??

Guest The Standrings

Hi

I was wondering if anyone could help us. MY OH is an electrician and has a chance to do a solar installation course over here in the UK with 20% off at a cost of £500. We just wanted to know if it was worth doing the course over here in the UK to use the skills gained in Oz? Or shall we just hang on and do one over there? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

P.S Can you also tell me if 110v tools worth bringing over with transformers or should we sell them here??

Questions, questions!!!!!

Em

xxx:err:

Hi

I was wondering if anyone could help us. MY OH is an electrician and has a chance to do a solar installation course over here in the UK with 20% off at a cost of £500. We just wanted to know if it was worth doing the course over here in the UK to use the skills gained in Oz? Or shall we just hang on and do one over there? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

P.S Can you also tell me if 110v tools worth bringing over with transformers or should we sell them here??

Questions, questions!!!!!

Em

xxx:err:

Hello, another sparkie here so heres what i think -

110v tools - sell here no one uses them just take battery tools.

The photovoltaic course in the uk will teach him how to install them but to be honest its a waste of £500. They are quite basic to install and wire so if he can read a wiring diagram its quite straight forward. As an A class electrician they will want to know if he can install them (i think maybe there are courses but not sure) i learned from a mate by just helping him for a day on an install and from that am confident that i can install again. Its the same as most things electrical, if you can read a wiring diagram you can wire it. Its just learning how to fix the panels but they come with instructions and probably have different methods for different systems aswell.

I would leave it and learn for free off a mate and reasearch and if you need a seperate qualification apart from the A class just pay there.

Guest The Standrings

Hiya Chris

Thanks for all your help, especially the info on selling the 110v tools, might as well make a bit of money over here rather than shipping them all over for nothing. Think your right about the course mate, am just best off waiting and seeing what the crack is over there. Are you going over there blind work wise? its pretty scary jumping into the unknown! Nice one for replying

Daz

Hiya Chris

Thanks for all your help, especially the info on selling the 110v tools, might as well make a bit of money over here rather than shipping them all over for nothing. Think your right about the course mate, am just best off waiting and seeing what the crack is over there. Are you going over there blind work wise? its pretty scary jumping into the unknown! Nice one for replying

Daz

Almost impossible to get a start from here but there are jobs advertised and on my recce i visited a couple and they said when i had my visa and was there to pop in and see them.

I see you done the vetesses route, are you now doing the TRA/ARTC trades recognicion as if you do this you dont have to do any gap training. Its just the peer wiring course and you can do the books via distance learning and then a 2 week course in Adelaide and thats it A class straight away :jiggy:

Guest The Standrings

Nice one, will be job hunting as soon as we land! But surely it can't be as bad as here, I have been up and down like a yo yo this past year! Yeh going to do the TRA, PEERS books route. Going to enroll on distance learning next week, when my house has gone through. Sooner I get that licence the better! When you planning to head out? Thanks for your advice!

Daz

Nice one, will be job hunting as soon as we land! But surely it can't be as bad as here, I have been up and down like a yo yo this past year! Yeh going to do the TRA, PEERS books route. Going to enroll on distance learning next week, when my house has gone through. Sooner I get that licence the better! When you planning to head out? Thanks for your advice!

Daz

Finalising my TRA paperwork this weekend and as soon as thats back will also enroll on the PEER course. House just gone on the market and as soon as thats gone were of. The sooner the better.

sorry to butt in but althow an a class spark can install solar pv he is not qualified. australia have mcs acredition for solar pv and if your after getting a job doing it you will have to gain it. ive spoke to them and they said with uk c&g solar you could aplie for temp acredition getting 12 months to gain full acredition. all depends what you what to do when you get there,

in the uk c&g cost £600

in ozs same coarse cost $2000+

at the end of the day if you do the c&g here once youve done the ozy regs, you can aplie or temp mcs acredition and you are allowed to fit solar pv to the grid

and i done know about you but i wouldnt fit anything to the grid without a peice of paper and insurance to do so

sorry to butt in but althow an a class spark can install solar pv he is not qualified. australia have mcs acredition for solar pv and if your after getting a job doing it you will have to gain it. ive spoke to them and they said with uk c&g solar you could aplie for temp acredition getting 12 months to gain full acredition. all depends what you what to do when you get there,

in the uk c&g cost £600

in ozs same coarse cost $2000+

at the end of the day if you do the c&g here once youve done the ozy regs, you can aplie or temp mcs acredition and you are allowed to fit solar pv to the grid

and i done know about you but i wouldnt fit anything to the grid without a peice of paper and insurance to do so

Hi there, problem is even with the UK qualification you will still need to do the aus one anyway if you want to connect.

If you just want to work for someone else and install then your A class is the important one. Dont think you will need to show a but of UK paper to prove you can set up. If you have your A class and can set up you should be OK.