What do long term tenants pay for?

Guest Roo1

Guest Roo1

Hi there,

I've been a short term landlord for 4 years now but first time as a long term landlord! :cute:

I'm pretty sure tenants just pay for water, gas and electricity but wanted just to double check with you guys before signing any contracts!

Any other utilities/bills I need to know about?

Thanks

Judi

Hi Judi

I have short and long term rentals, for the long term rentals the tenant pays for electricity and gas and Water only after the 136k litres amount has been exceeded (or unless you choose another amount and stipulate in the contract)

check out the government website for the different rental agreements (Periodical or fixed term) and the standard terms and conditions, the government stipulate the bond amount dependant on the rental charged and you have a period of time where you have to lodge the contract and bond with them.

http://www.ocba.sa.gov.au/tenancies/res/leaseagreements/agreements.html

Hope this helps

Kim