looking for work please help printer

Guest swinno1270

Guest swinno1270

Hi all well its happening we have the visas, sold the house and in rented and im currently looking for employment. I would like to have a job secured or at least quite a few contacts before i land over there, i am a qulified printer having worked on sheetfed and web presses (16pp komori at present) been in the trade for 20 years (mostly on web presses) can anyone please help with contacts for companies or employment offers would be nice. I am married to Samantha and have 2 sons, we are all looking forward to our new life down under .

many many thanks

Craig:)

Hi all well its happening we have the visas, sold the house and in rented and im currently looking for employment. I would like to have a job secured or at least quite a few contacts before i land over there, i am a qulified printer having worked on sheetfed and web presses (16pp komori at present) been in the trade for 20 years (mostly on web presses) can anyone please help with contacts for companies or employment offers would be nice. I am married to Samantha and have 2 sons, we are all looking forward to our new life down under .

many many thanks

Hi Craig,

I dont know anything about printing but here a couple of job websites that may be of help, www.careerone.com.au and www.seek.com.au also you could try www.yellowpages.com.au this site, like our yellowpages will have printing companies and employment agencies, good luck.

Simon

Guest steve&tracy

Hi Graig

I know of one printers in Adelaide who will be needing printers about now. They have a new 8 unit 32pp m6oo hiedelberg web press.I visited them in July and they weren't on 24/7 shift pattern.The factory was new and looked really good.The owner and the factory manager were nice blokes and showed me round without an appointment.

If you need a name and address just P.M me.

where do you work at the moment, we are hoping to be out there in March/april time.

Regards

Steve.

many many thanks

Hubby is a print finisher and has now had 6 job offers in as many months. You may find it hard to secure a job before getting here as employers like to see you in person. Unfortunately a lot of them have had their fingers burnt by poms promising to come over and start on a certain date - only to be let down!

I'll get you the contacts of a company hubby worked for initially when we arrived - the money there isn't great, but it's a start and a foot in the door - they're always looking for printers

Nick

Guest the o'shea's

Hi to you all. We have been here 3 weeks and loving it. I'm Lori and my husband Steve is also a printer. We have a daughter Caitlin who is 11. We are from west yorkshire, but lived in Wellingborough for 7 years, i use to work at Kettering General and Steve worked at Quebecor. Steve has just had an interview last week and awaiting a reply. There are a few printing companies in the area, if we can help we will let you know. When are you due to come over? One thing is it's easier than you think to get things ie you can get medicare cover and get your driving licenses changed over to SA ones with no trouble or without taking tests. Look forward to hearing from you.