Guest Guest5035

Un brands Australia racist

Guest Squareman

Excuse me whilst I step outside to vomit...........

Guest Squareman

I wonder if she would have balls to say that about China or Japan?

Guest Squareman

And Black South Africans were only allowed to vote in 1994! What's your point?

I think also people need to understand that what is culturally significant for one country does not mean the same thoughts apply to another. EG the KFC ad (aus) showing a person of Jamaican origin eating fried chicken caused many comments on youtube from people living n other countries with large negroid populations that this was stereotypical and they should have been depicted eating healthy watermelon.....However in Aus this stereotypical thought is not an issue, hence the style of the ad.

Also statistics do not give a view of the bigger picture. One of which is choice. All people in Aus have the choice to send their kids to school as there is always one provided somewhere and extra funding for travel, they have the choice not to drink to excess, the choice not to become beligerent, violent, welfare dependent etc. Free medical care is available and no one gets told to keep their culture under wraps.

Pretty much every global community has issues which could be labelled as suspect.

Hindus have their caste system still despite government encouragement to eradicate it.

Chinese are brutal with enforcing the 1 child policy.

The US has an appalling health care system which is inequitable and a poverty level usually unseen in a western country.

Africa still has a slave trade

Pakistan has problems with its treatment of women especially their rape paybacks for family honour.

The list could go on. So Australia is not alone, but I guess if none of these issues were ever highlighted on a global scale, things would never change.

Guest Guest5035
    Aborigines were only given the right to vote in commonwealth elections in 1967.........

they have been given lots of rights, but most of the time they do lots of wrongs, which is sad

stevo

The US has an appalling health care system which is inequitable

The US has some of the best health care in the world - if you get off yr bum and work

they have been given lots of rights, but most of the time they do lots of wrongs, which is sad

stevo

...because they've been marginalised

Guest Guest5035
    ...because they've been marginalised

more like non educated

stevo

Guest needtogonow
    more like non educated

stevo

When you take away peoples rights, you take away their dignity and feelings of self worth creating a spiralling effect.

Educating people about the Indigenous peoples plight is also very important to enable change and prevent discrimination.

Guest Kazzarazza
    I wonder if she would have balls to say that about China or Japan?

I wonder if she would have the balls to say that in the UK - looking at the reader's comments at the bottom of the report, I'd say Australia is obviously doing something right ;)

Guest Guest5035
    When you take away peoples rights, you take away their dignity and feelings of self worth creating a spiralling effect.

Educating people about the Indigenous peoples plight is also very important to enable change and prevent discrimination.

i agree, there should be more education, especially for the young ones.

stevo