Guest RobJ1978

Nursing Documentation and Jobs for Neonatal nurses?

Guest RobJ1978

Hi all, this is my first post (using Hubby's account).

I have done my IELTS and will get my results on saturday, what documentation do i need to get certified and set to the ANMC for my skills assessment?

After that i need to apply to the AHPRA for my registration...is this correct and what documents do i then need to send them?

Also...just a stab in the dark but i thought someone may be able to point me in the right direction....i am a nurse on a neonatal unit, does anyone know of hospitals with neonatal intensive care???

Thanks in advance!

Nic

there are 2 nicus in adelaide. Flinders Medical Centre and Womens and Childrens hospitals. Some of the privates have scbu type level nurseries but anything more than needing fattening gets sent to the above two hospitals, which are both public. Both units are running at fairly full capacity, so drop a line to both to see if there is anything going jobwise.

Guest JustinMarks

Hi i work at Flinders Nicu migrated in Jan this year, can definately recommend staffing here so much better than in the uk. As i have done the course i usually always work in level 3. If you have the course you are a high value commodity i didnt have an interview just showed CV and that was enough. I can give you all contact details at hosptiatl if interested i had a word with my boss and she would be very happy to talk to you sometimes when you contact the hospital directly they say they arnt recruiting which is not true of the neonatal. As regard the documentation process , i am a lucky man my wife processed all that, i will get her to assist with that if you would like. I really like working at flinders the staff/seniors are very approachable and supportive such a stark contrast from my experiences in NHS. Drop me a line if you want further info cheers email jeqmarks@gmail.com . It was the best move i ever made, keep plugging away!!

Guest RobJ1978

Thanks for that guys, i have PM'd you Justin (i presume thats your name ekk)

Guest leeozbound

Hi, my wife is a neonatal nurse and we are looking to move out there early 2012 so she is keen to start making contacts now. We are just waiting our medical results so any info would be great.

Guest Heleny
    Hi all, this is my first post (using Hubby's account).

I have done my IELTS and will get my results on saturday, what documentation do i need to get certified and set to the ANMC for my skills assessment?

After that i need to apply to the AHPRA for my registration...is this correct and what documents do i then need to send them?

Also...just a stab in the dark but i thought someone may be able to point me in the right direction....i am a nurse on a neonatal unit, does anyone know of hospitals with neonatal intensive care???

Thanks in advance!

Nic

Hi Nic

Just saw your post, which hospitals ahve yoou worked at in UK and how many years post reggistration do you have...

We have a large private group urgently needing Neonatal staff. Sponsored visa

Let me know if I can help.

Thanks

Heleny

Guest Steph&Lee

Hi Heleny/Nic

I too am a neonatal nurse at New Cross Hospital in Wolverhampton here in England. I have 2 1/2 yrs experience and have just completed my degree in neonatal intensive care. i currently have passed IELTS, approved skills assessment, state sponsorship with Adelaide, lodged 176 visa and just taken medicals and police checks...so fingers crossed in a few weeks should know whether we have our visa approved (house is up for sale!!). I too will be looking for work on a neonatal unit over there and would like to know if there are many jobs available and what the current wage would be like for someone with my experience. I have not yet applied to APHRA need to contact them to see exactly what i need to get together paperwork wise as i look at their website and it confuses the hell out of me!!! So any info would be gladly appreciated.

Steph

Guest RobJ1978

Hi Steph,

I think my husband has been in correspondance with you guys previously.

Congrats on getting as far as you have!!!! If i am correct the AHPRA are taking rather a long time at the minute so may be an idea to get it lodged. Are you ready to go when you have your visa?

Nic

Guest Steph&Lee

Hi Nic,

House is up for sale and would be willing to go as soon as possible. I do need to get a move on with aphra but think i will ring them to give me a list of what i need.

Steph