Guest Squareman

Scottish (sort of) gathering tomorrow !!

Guest Squareman

Looks like we're going to have it at the Old Gum Tree Reserve in MacFarlane Street, Glenelg North. If you know of people who have replied to the original thread but have not been back on the forum to notice that the venue has changed, then please get in touch with them.

To reiterate, we still require someone to bring a portable gas barbie. I will supply the gas bottle.

So........bring your weans (kids) bring the faimly and the bevvy and let's get that half-cooked meat doon us! There isn't any 'furniture' there either, so please bring chairs/picnic blanket etc

See yeez the morra! :)

Guest Squareman

And in the event that there are other gatherings of people there and you're not sure who to approach, you can just look out for me. I will be wearing a Scotland rugby top, but more poignantly, I am a dwarf and Black, which, being Scottish, most people don't expect.

;)

Guest guest4829
    Looks like we're going to have it at the Old Gum Tree Reserve in MacFarlane Street, Glenelg North. If you know of people who have replied to the original thread but have not been back on the forum to notice that the venue has changed, then please get in touch with them.

To reiterate, we still require someone to bring a portable gas barbie. I will supply the gas bottle.

So........bring your weans (kids) bring the faimly and the bevvy and let's get that half-cooked meat doon us! There isn't any 'furniture' there either, so please bring chairs/picnic blanket etc

See yeez the morra! :)

Did you stick with the same time?

Daniel

Guest kas17

would have loved to have come but cant make it, hope there is another!!

Still no sign of a barbie..........

Soz i don't have a portable one, looks like its gonna be boiled egg sarnies!!??

Guest Squareman

There must be SOMEONE with a portable one. Cmon guys, dont be shy.

Guest Guest75
    There must be SOMEONE with a portable one. Cmon guys, dont be shy.

Shame I'm too far south or ya could have borrowed ours.

Is there a free one in the reserve you are meeting at???

If so make sure you nab it early.

Have a great meet,looks like the weather will be OK :cute:

Guest Squareman

There isnt one in the reserve, mate. Hence the panic. Hehe

Guest Squareman

Well, yesterday's 'gathering' was a bit of a damp squib with only one couple in attendance. What happened to everyone else?

Might not have been the best day to hold it I know my OH works every sat and a lot of people have kids doing sports etc and the change of venue at short notice might have put people off.

Guest Guest75

Sorry to hear that mate,it happens now and again. Sure if you organise one in better weather you will see more turn up :D

Guest Squareman

Doesnt take much to 'put people off' around here, does it? Everyone was asked their opinion but very few responded. You live you learn i guess.

Guest guest1255

we thought it was off as no bbq could be borrowed....and no 1 else really responded.

soz m8

Guest dave&la

Sorry we didn't make it, thought it was off aswell given you had no bbq! Def up if you decide to arrange another one :)

Guest Squareman

I'll be arranging hee haw.

I'm still in the huff.......

Guest JimmyT

Hi,

We had things planned for the morning which ran over, but we did turn up after 2pm and there was no-one there!!!!!

Maybe next time......

Guest Squareman

Hi Jimmy

Sorry to hear that. At around 14h20, we invited the Yales and the McLeod's to my house where we had a barbie. I kept checking the PIA site on my phone to see if anyone had posted anything new (e.g. 'where the hell is everyone?') but there was nothing. We assumed there would be no one else coming. What a balls-up!

Guest JimmyT

We must have just missed you. Not to worry, the wee one got a play on the swings for a while so at least she was happy. I'm just disappointed I didn't get to drink my wine!!!!

Mrs JT

Guest mhamha

Hey

I'm new to Adelaide- arrived on a working holiday visa 2 days ago- 28 and Scottish, would love to meet some new people and make some friends- know of any other social get-togethers happening soon?