Guest guest7008

Oh My...Oh My....GOT A CASE OFFICER !!!

Guest guest7008

Cannot seriously believe it....only lodged to DIAC on 18th May (last week) and today we have a CASE OFFICER !!!!! They have requested Medicals and Police Checks!! So quick it crazy!!!! So excited am running around the garden like a loony !!!!!:biglaugh::biglaugh:

Guest tilly

i have to ask, lodged as in thats when you sent it or thats when they got it? i dont understand how this next bit is gonna work! we sent ours off yesterday and were told it'd take months for anything to happen and now everyone seems to be saying its happening in 2 weeks!!! gotta admit i'm panicking slightly!!

Guest guest7008
    i have to ask, lodged as in thats when you sent it or thats when they got it? i dont understand how this next bit is gonna work! we sent ours off yesterday and were told it'd take months for anything to happen and now everyone seems to be saying its happening in 2 weeks!!! gotta admit i'm panicking slightly!!

When you lodge that means you have submitted your full application on line and uploaded all supporting docs at same time, so we lodged our application on 18th May, loaded all docs on line and they received it all same day and was acknowledged from DIAC.

Guest JayandEm

Congratulations!!! Wow, that was quick. Get the application for your police check off ASAP if you haven't already, ACRO received ours on 13 May and they have told me they are not dispatching the result until 2 June!

Guest tilly

ok cheers. congratulations by the way. brilliant news for you all :)

Cannot seriously believe it....only lodged to DIAC on 18th May (last week) and today we have a CASE OFFICER !!!!! They have requested Medicals and Police Checks!! So quick it crazy!!!! So excited am running around the garden like a loony !!!!!:biglaugh::biglaugh:

Thats it wont be long now we got our visa 1 week after meds where done.. congrats youare nearly there .....:biglaugh:

Guest vicky_1970

Big congratulations !!! Wow - how quick has that been ?!!

Vicky

Guest teresa lynch

Hi Shane and Helen

A massive congratulations to you all !!!

Similar thing happened to us. Just after a week after we applied for our 176 visa we were also allocated a case officer. It's so hard to get your head around the change in time scale isn't it we went from 10 -18 months to 6-8 weeks in about 10 days.

We have our meds booked for Tuesday 31st May and sent policew checks a week and a half ago. Received email saying ACRO are in process of dealing with or checks yesterday!! Word of warning when you print off the police check forms the counter signatory for your photo it misses off the section where the signatory puts their contact details. This happened to us (and a lot of others) and we got a call yesterday from ACRO asking for this info.

Have you told your parents yet?

Where are you guys thinking of settling there seems so much choice.

it'll take a few days for the news to sink in I expect so celebrate with some beer and Ausie wine to get ready for whats to come!!!

Teresa

Guest Cara&Gav

Woo Hoo! Fantastic news! I'll update you on the visa timeline. :jiggy:

congrats :)

Cara x

Guest guest7008
    Hi Shane and Helen

A massive congratulations to you all !!!

Similar thing happened to us. Just after a week after we applied for our 176 visa we were also allocated a case officer. It's so hard to get your head around the change in time scale isn't it we went from 10 -18 months to 6-8 weeks in about 10 days.

We have our meds booked for Tuesday 31st May and sent policew checks a week and a half ago. Received email saying ACRO are in process of dealing with or checks yesterday!! Word of warning when you print off the police check forms the counter signatory for your photo it misses off the section where the signatory puts their contact details. This happened to us (and a lot of others) and we got a call yesterday from ACRO asking for this info.

Have you told your parents yet?

Where are you guys thinking of settling there seems so much choice.

it'll take a few days for the news to sink in I expect so celebrate with some beer and Ausie wine to get ready for whats to come!!!

Teresa

HI, we kinda in shock at moment. I just running around shouting "We have a Case Officer", my kids are looking at me like I have lost my mind!! Its true, yo get your head around the fact it will take months and months and its all happening so quick now!! WE have our meds booked for 24th June and doing pcc check forms this weekend. Told my mum a while ago, (My dad died 4 years ago) she kinda does not talk about it, i think she thinking it not gonna happen!! Not sure where to head to yet, prob northern adelaide as thats where O/H work will be. Oh, gonna have a large glass of wine tonight!!! My heart still racing!!

Guest helene73

That's amazing guys, well done and good luck :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guest Opportunities

Congrats on the CO! Have a great CO-WEEKEND! Not long now... Any possibilities of getting your meds done earlier?

Have you looked at any areas where you would want to settle in Adelaide yet? When looking at your children's ages, we too have a 14,9 and 2 year old. How are your children experiencing the whole process?

Karen

x

Guest teresa lynch

Hi Helen

My mum and dad were dealing with things in the same way as your mum, if they don't mention it it isn't happening. I work as a PA in Psychology for the Head of Service for East Kent and got some advice from her. She said to just drip feed the parents any updates a little at a time to allow them to process it as its such a hard thing to accept. It has definitly worked for us and my mum at least has now started asking questions about the whole process and is gradually accepting this is happening.

How are your kids dealing with this? My 11 year old is excited but also worried about leaving his friends. Not a great time for him what with getting ready for starting high school in Sept. my twins Eben and Freya (4) are just so excited they ask every day when we will be getting on the plane to Australia!!

We're hoping to settle in Aldinga or Moana.

Teresa

Guest guest7008
    Hi Helen

My mum and dad were dealing with things in the same way as your mum, if they don't mention it it isn't happening. I work as a PA in Psychology for the Head of Service for East Kent and got some advice from her. She said to just drip feed the parents any updates a little at a time to allow them to process it as its such a hard thing to accept. It has definitly worked for us and my mum at least has now started asking questions about the whole process and is gradually accepting this is happening.

How are your kids dealing with this? My 11 year old is excited but also worried about leaving his friends. Not a great time for him what with getting ready for starting high school in Sept. my twins Eben and Freya (4) are just so excited they ask every day when we will be getting on the plane to Australia!!

We're hoping to settle in Aldinga or Moana.

Teresa

Hi, Yes we do that with my mum, mention little things etc, just so she can get her head around the fact that we will be going at some stage, its so hard though, mum lives 2 mins away from us, we see her every day, she sees the kids every day, its going to hit her hard, but what can you do? I have 2 brothers here so she be ok and she says she will ome for holidays every year! Kids are very excited, our 16 year old cannot wait, the 9 year old bit more dubious, its the friend thing, the 8 year old is excited, bless him and the 14 year is just excited about seeing all the hot aussie girls!! The two small one's, not got a clue!!!! Tabitha knows we going to australia and asks every day "are we going to Australia today?" but don't realy think she knows where it is!! We are prob heading North/North East of Adelaide, we want a large house on an acre or two, got sooooo many kids we need at least a 5 bed property and its gotta have large gardens for pool, footy, cricket etc, and maybe one day when we are settled, would like a house with a paddock so I can get a horse. Out North & also the Barossa you can get big properties on good land for a really decent price! We live 2 mins from the sea now, so would like a change, we plan to go beach etc at weekends when we move out, just want the kids to have some space to run around and be noisy without upsetting the neighbours!!! Whats your timeline? Do you have a visa? Helen

Guest guest7008
    Congrats on the CO! Have a great CO-WEEKEND! Not long now... Any possibilities of getting your meds done earlier?

Have you looked at any areas where you would want to settle in Adelaide yet? When looking at your children's ages, we too have a 14,9 and 2 year old. How are your children experiencing the whole process?

Karen

x

Tried to get meds done earlier, but they booked solid now, luckily I booked them a few weeks ago and got 24th June, rang today to see if they have any earlier appointments and they fully booked till mid July!!!!

Guest guest7008

Karen

x

The kids..... well the 16 year old cannot wait!! The 14 year old just wants to check the hot aussie chicks!! The 9 year old bit more dubious cos of friends etc, the 8 year old very excited, just wants to go now so he can swim and see sharks!! Tabitha who is 4 is excited about it, but not really understands where oz is etc!! And Phoenix?? well he is totally oblivious to it all!!! Just weird to think that he will grow up with an aussie accent!!!!:biglaugh:

Blimey O'Reilly that is quick!! We're lodging ours next week. I'd got it in my head that it would be ages yet before anything else would be happening, but now I'm not so sure!

Anyway, BIG CONGRATS on the CO! May your weekend flow with Aussie wine, and may you have painkillers for your hangovers:biglaugh::biglaugh:

Have fun and enjoy!!

Rachael x