Guest leerusson

school uniform

Guest leerusson

Hi all,

Just a quick one,we are due to arrive on the 8th june,should i bring my daughter some school skirts e.g black,navy grey etc???? We have not yet found her a school as we are unsure of what area we want to settle permanently,just wondered if it would save me a few quid!!!!! lol.

Rachel.x

It would be cheaper to bring them but all the schools have different coloured uniforms, I get mine sent over by my mum as the UK imo has a better selection

Personally I would wait til you are here esp as you dont know the colours of the school she'll be going to. Some are green, some purple - my daughters school is royal blue and yellow! You can get cheap enough uniforms over here from shops like Big W and KMart. I got ours some new winter trousers a couple of weks ago and I think they were only $7 each.

HTH, Hazel.

Guest Tina P
    Personally I would wait til you are here esp as you dont know the colours of the school she'll be going to. Some are green, some purple - my daughters school is royal blue and yellow! You can get cheap enough uniforms over here from shops like Big W and KMart. I got ours some new winter trousers a couple of weks ago and I think they were only $7 each.

HTH, Hazel.

Hi

Mine are also Royal blue and yellow - from where you live sounds like the same school ?

Also to add some schools have for girls there own skirt/pinifore dress, at our school they are just introducing a checked/tartan style.

Its a public school but lots of the private schools have individual uniform that can only be bought from the school shop.

I would wait and then ask your family to post out or order online.

At public schools they don't have/wear a PE kit.

Tina

Guest Nicky&Andy

if you have room pack them, depending on the schools though , they probably wont be the same , mine wear boardies and polo top in the schools colour ), dont even have to wear black school shoes, private schools are different though (most wear black shoes)

Guest guest3462

If I were you i'd wait and get someone to get them for you from tesco. My mother in law recently brought me some uniforms with her when she visited, it cost her £8 for 2 gingham dresses and 2 navy skirts from tesco and they are lovely - imo much nicer than the ones I have found here plus my little girl is smalland I have struggled dinding uniform to fit her.

You can get generic school colours quite cheap in most department stores so I wouldnt worry too much. I reckon you'll be needing your allowance for more important personal items when you first arrive before your shipping gets here.

Hi

Mine are also Royal blue and yellow - from where you live sounds like the same school ?

Tina

Hi Tina, just looked where you are and yes mine go to McLaren Flat too :-) I think my 6 y/o knows name removed if in reception, Ive just asked if xxx knows your childrens names - she's in Room x (yr x) nextdoor!

Hazel.

Guest Tina P
    Hi Tina, just looked where you are and yes mine go to McLaren Flat too :-) I think my 6 y/o knows Ruby if she's in reception, Ive just asked if she knows your childrens names - she's in Room 13 (yr 1) nextdoor!

Hazel.

Yes name removed is in xx - are you next door in XX class ! Name removed is in a yr xx.

Look out for us and say Hi.

Tina

Yes x is in reception - are you next door in x's class ! x is in a yr x.

Look out for us and say Hi.

Tina

Yes she is in xx class. My eldest in yr x with Mrs x. Will look out for you at home-time!

Posts edited due to too much information in public about your little ones. People can read these posts and not be members of the forum. PLEASE PM info like this between yourselves.

Bring them if you have room, I order mine boys from M&S plain navy pants 3 pounds 50 haven't ordered any this year and his old ones were ankle swingers shops here wanted $33 for them:shocked: have bought a cheap pair of track pants (which he will moan about wearing) till I order some from m&s:idea: