Andrew from Vista Financial

Inspirational Films

I have just watched a very inspirational film called Soul Surfer which is also a true story.

One of those films that makes you realise nothing is impossible and not to give up.

Well worth a watch!!

So I thought I would start a thread about inspirational films, tell us about a film you have watched that inspires!!!!

They do not necessarily have to be true stories.

Hoping to get some good ideas of films to watch too.

Andy

We watched The Blind Side yesterday (with Sandra Bullock). Definately worth a watch if you havent already.

Always watch Payback with Mel Gibson in it when its on. A bit of a graphic film but like the idea of the underdog getting 'payback'

Guest Guest75

Recently it's been "The King's Speech".

Very special to me as I suffered from a terrible stammer when younger.

Touching The Void, film about true story of mountaineer Joe Simpson who gets stuck up a mountain in Peru and his battle to get down, amazing and so inspirational!!!!!!!!!

Got to be Life is Beautiful - amazing amazing film.

Is that the one about Italy in the war? Saw it several years ago and was sooo impressed.

Also - thanks Wendy for the recommendation of Made in Dagenham - got it out yesterday and watched it, and totally agree. As someone whose husband, father in law, and grandfather all worked for Fords, and having nicked conkers from the garden of Blackmore House (where the UK boss of Ford lived - the place where the lovely blonde lady lived in the film) as a child, lots of memories and fantastic inspiring message.

Thought Barbara Castle never looked that good in real life though! I adore everything Miranda Richardson does! ("I'm Queen")

Guest guest3462

Touching the void is amazing. Rich gave me the book when he went away on a 3 month climbing expedition across Turkey,Iran,Pakistan and India. I was terrified he'd never make it home (especially when I couldn't find him in Mumbai as arranged!!) and must have read that book 10 times in that space of time. Very inspirational and very brave!

I have just watched a very inspirational film called Soul Surfer which is also a true story.

One of those films that makes you realise nothing is impossible and not to give up.

Well worth a watch!!

So I thought I would start a thread about inspirational films, tell us about a film you have watched that inspires!!!!

They do not necessarily have to be true stories.

Hoping to get some good ideas of films to watch too.

Andy

Our eldest watched this in school and was really impressed.

There's plenty, but I really liked "The Pursuit of Happyness" with Will Smith.

Cooler

Recently it's been "The King's Speech".

Very special to me as I suffered from a terrible stammer when younger.

don't want to make light of it, but you would never had guessed you don't shut up these day :biglaugh:

Touching the void is amazing. Rich gave me the book when he went away on a 3 month climbing expedition across Turkey,Iran,Pakistan and India. I was terrified he'd never make it home (especially when I couldn't find him in Mumbai as arranged!!) and must have read that book 10 times in that space of time. Very inspirational and very brave!

I agree great book and film but I really like Pursuit of Happiness as an inspirational film sure I have watched others that have given me that feeling but that's what I can remember right now. Love Will Smith :cute:

Guest needtogonow

For me it's Schindler’s List but on a lighter note I would also choose Toy Story, (no toy gets left behind).

Guest Team 'W'

My Sisters Keeper ! And one called Mr Tom [from quite a few yrs back ] showing my age now ...

But get the tissues out for my sisters keeper [you will defo need them ] lol

Laine

My Sisters Keeper ! And one called Mr Tom [from quite a few yrs back ] showing my age now ...

But get the tissues out for my sisters keeper [you will defo need them ] lol

Laine

OMG My sisters keeper! Still well up thinking about it.

Guest Ric & Paula

"To Kill A Mockingbird"still so relevant in its messages today,but through the innocent eyes of a child..still cry!

Guest Guest75
    don't want to make light of it, but you would never had guessed you don't shut up these day :biglaugh:

I was waiting for someone to say that!!:P

All those words that were stuck are flowing out now!!!

Guest LOOBYLOO

I went to the cinema to see 'Matching Jack' with James Nesbitt, never cried so much at a movie! My all time favourite is 'It's a Wonderful Life' with James Stewart, a classic.