leelee53

Police Checks....time scale?

Hello,

Just sending our app off tomo for police checks to be done on the standard option. It states 10 working days to process, just wanted to check if thats definately the case as we have untill 24th June to get all paperwork to our case officer! Love to hear from anyone whos also applied recently.

Thanks,

Lisa ;o)

Just been looking back over previous posts. They have, in general, been taking @ 10 working days. If you look on the 'visa lodged' thread, you can see some of the timescales on there. I have definitely read somewhere on here this week, of someone who has been waiting much longer - hopefully the exception to the rule...

Good luck with it, anyway - you should be ok :)

Rach x

Add on weekends, any Bank hols and postage time, just to be on the safe side! You will get an e-mail confirming they have received it and a there will be a contact number on it. You can ring this, quote the reference number and they will let you know the status of your application (give it 10 days or so)

I'm sure it will be fine though:-)

Oh that's great, panic over now then! What stage are you at now Rach?

Lisa ;o)

Should finally have our visa lodged this week. Our agent has been on holiday, so been delayed by a week or so, not that we had all our stuff ready to upload anyway! Getting the SS so quickly and being rather more laid back than I should be about it all has meant I'm not so on the ball as I should be!! Suddenly more conscious of time limits and trying harder to get my act together, honest! :nah:

After reading about that police check that has taken ages, I had even considered front loading, but decided that would be too efficient for me, so will concentrate on getting the visa lodged for now :biglaugh:

I reckon it will all happen when it is supposed to, so will cross each bridge as we come to it (and keep our fingers crossed).

Where are you having your meds done?

Rach x

Be careful front loading police checks, as the validation period for the visa will be dated from time of submitting checks, eg, if you submit it in May, get visa in December, you will have until May next year to activate visa.

We did not expect this and got our visa in April but have to activate it by November. It suited us but wouldn't suit everyone!!

Be careful front loading police checks, as the validation period for the visa will be dated from time of submitting checks, eg, if you submit it in May, get visa in December, you will have until May next year to activate visa.

We did not expect this and got our visa in April but have to activate it by November. It suited us but wouldn't suit everyone!!

Thanks - I think it was your posts I had read previously, so we were aware, and it was actually what stopped us from doing it. We still swing from doing a reccie visit to validate the visas to just going, and if we do the latter, we'll need to have sold up, etc, so the longer we have to do that, the better. So we'll stick with doing what we're told, when we're told (for now at least!) ;)

Rach

Guest Phil the barber

Just reiceived my police cheaks on the Friday 27th we sent of for them on the tuesday 10th by special delivery so that took 18 days to get back hope this gives you a idea on time scale

Thanks again for the advice, very much appreciated! ;o)

Rach-great news about lodging the visa this wk, will hopefully not be waiting too long for a CO. We could either go to Manchester or Birmingham for meds, Manco being the closest but a longer waiting list, so we booked in at Birmingham. We have them on 14th June. Where will you go?

Lisa x