Guest karratha1

School grounds: reynella east

Guest karratha1

Is reynella east primary school better than it looks on google maps? The school grounds look messy and unloved. Is this normal for Adelaide schools? I really want my kids to go to the local school which is reynella east but am concerned about the look and feel of the school. Any advice would be appreciated as I'm losing sleep before the big move. :shocked:

google maps are a few years out of date, to see what it is like now then nearmap is better and very recent, although they do want you to sign up for it now (no cost involved though), just say you are a private user. They have better quality photos, the latest is 24 April 2011.

www.nearmap.com

This photo was taken during the hot summer. Yes this is what schools can look like here in summer, but there will be a green oval somewhere in the grounds. Reynella is somewhat rural even though a suburb, so a lot of the area looks scrubby in summer when everything goes brown, but the gum trees can give off a lovely scent. Most of the plants around the school will probs be natives so require little water. You will get used to the landscape, it can be very beautiful. It is different to the deep greens and cottagey plants of Europe.